Thursday 27th July, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the spirit ladies! And welcome FL.

Jenny, if you are losing inches, but maintaining weight, you are losing fat and gaining muscle. If you can, get a body fat test done, that will show you what is happening between losing fat and gaining muscle. No despair, this is a long-term solution. If it happens fast, it is too easy to put back on!

Well, after taking 3 weeks of for vacation and just being too busy in the evenings to work out I jumped up a little to 182. I have been back at it for two weeks and I am back down to 178.

A real test will come next week. I am working a 4 day trip on the Flower Gardens liveaboards. How bad is this trip going to kick my butt?

If its any indication I can now play 18 holes of golf in mid 90's heat and not be whipped when its over.

TwoBit

3 weeks vaccay sounds like a treat so hope yo had a fab time!

woohoo on knocking off those pounds and your golf! i reckon that 19th hole is looking mighty fine in that heat

cheers,

Missed the check in. Well, had lost a 1 1/2 lbs by last Sunday, but then my scale decided to mess with my head and told me I gained it back and then some, even though I hadn't binged or anything. So who knows. A trainer at the gym said I looked thinner and my clothes do fit differently, so I'm guessing it's water retention or some crap like that.
So I'm back to where I was last Thursday weight wise. And if you can follow that, you're better than I though.:D

hi Fairy!

i decided my scales hate me as if i jump on 3 times in 3 mins i get 3 different weights!!!

so i only use the official weighin weight now

clothes fitting better are THE WAY to KNOW you loosing so well done and a big WOOHOOOO to you!

well dont forget next thursday, we'll be here waiting for you!

almitywife:
hi Fairy!

i decided my scales hate me as if i jump on 3 times in 3 mins i get 3 different weights!!!

so i only use the official weighin weight now

clothes fitting better are THE WAY to KNOW you loosing so well done and a big WOOHOOOO to you!

well dont forget next thursday, we'll be here waiting for you!
:lol: My scale does the same stupid thing. I love you sweetie. You make me feel so good.

Actually these slacks I was wearing Thursday practically fell off me. As soon as they do, I'm buying new clothes.

So, I might go to Australia in Dec. 2007 so when I do, I'll be sure to look you up.

bwahahahaha - you are the 3rd SB'er mentioning Dec 07 as a Aussie Trip! woohooo - sounds like a official get-together to me!

edit: hey, i see your bday is Jan 25th - youre practically a aussie already! Australia Day is Jan 26th for us and Sydney Harbour GOES OFF!

almitywife:
bwahahahaha - you are the 3rd SB'er mentioning Dec 07 as a Aussie Trip! woohooo - sounds like a official get-together to me!

edit: hey, i see your bday is Jan 25th - youre practically a aussie already! Australia Day is Jan 26th for us and Sydney Harbour GOES OFF!
I really think I'm an Aussie at heart. America seems way too uptight for me.:D

Would LOVE to go to Australia!!!! Just need a job.. and money... and more money.. and uh, money!

I agree with fairybasslet, America is way too uptight and there are way too many laws to protect people from themselves. I've lived out of the US for 17 years and I would have a difficult time living back there.

Hope you don't mind if I join in on your little weight loss thread. I'm just short of 3 months on a life style change/weight control program and I've 40+lbs so far. I started at somewhere about 370 (I say about as I didn't have a scale that would go that high when I began) and now I'm 324.

I've done this primarily with diet change (no fast food or processed food, little bread, lots of fresh veggies and protein mainly from chicken and fish, no soft drinks, lots of water) because about a month into the program I injured my knee (not from exercise) and so had to stop exercising for a while. Eventually had arthroscopic surgery and I started walking on a treadmill again last Sunday, did an hour on a treadmill today and feel really good.

Looking forward to doing a wreck dive in about 3 weeks on a wreck I was on last summer when I did the wreck course; there is a restriction in the wreck known as the Tunnel of Love and I turned the dive rather than try to fit through, I'm looking forward to making it through this time.

What I'm happiest about is that I have been on hypertensive medication for 11 years and the doctor took me off of it last week. Giving up the diuretic caused me to gain a few pounds but I'll eventually get those back and I'm really happy to be off the meds after so long.

Again, hope you don't mind me tagging along, its just I'm really pumped about my weight loss. My goal is to be back to where I was 20 years ago, 210 lbs, by the end of 2007, though at my current rate I'll get there well before then.

Cheers,
Drew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom