Watch out for JoeDiverAmerica.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajcf:
I was pretty disheartened to see Netdoc sent them an email telling them they were being talked about and they didn't join in the discussion to tell their side. Seems like below average customer service and public relations. IMO - Not a company I would want to do business with.

jcf

///

On Christmas Day they didn't post a response fast enough to satisfy you? Oh please!

We have read the statements from HighDesert, without a name or email address its impossible to know what order they are referring to.
Whereas we do our best to get all orders correct sometimes mistakes do happen and we always try to correct them immediately.
If this customer has contacted us I'm sure our customer service dept. responded to them however alot of spam blockers get our emails when customers don't add us to their white list.
Hopefully HighDesert will add customerservice@joediveramerica.com to their friend list and email us again with any questions or concerns.
Thank you to those who realize this has been a weird week with Christmas and for understanding that we didn't work the holiday weekend and it has taken a day to catch up-
Yours underwater,
JoeDiverAmerica

I'll do Business with Joe diver any day of the week!!!! I have done Business with them for a Two years and they have been GREAT!!

Regards, George

The beauty of ScubaBoard. You can find a TON of manufacturers as well as dive shops right here and then initiate a dialog with them. The converse is also true: we have a metric butt tonne of buyers within this hallowed portal. OK, so it ain't so hallowed. :D

Thank you, Joe Diver, for visiting this forum thirteen (13) days after I filled out your “Contact Us” form twice in one day. That is the form where I included my name, my e-mail address, and my telephone number, along with my order number, customer number, and reference number. I also included the SKU and verbal description of the item you charged me for but failed to send.

Rest easy in the fact that my credit card company is crediting my account for the $44.95 you charged me for undelivered merchandise. However, I apparently will not be recovering any of the $16.44 you charged me for UPS ground service to deliver my partial order, that being for a 2 lb. package that I seriously doubt could have topped a pound.

You want me to use your e-mail address? No problem. Then why do you not post your e-mail address on your “Contact Us” page? Had you done so, I would have used it, and if you did in fact respond, my e-mail program would have recognized the address.

Your prices are no different than most online , given that you claim to refrain from supplying an 800 number to keep your prices down. It only happens that on the day I ordered, I cruised the sites for whichever one could satisfy the largest part of my wish list with the least amount of shipping in one place. I apparently erred in believeing that your site was “the one” on that day. Others eventually supplied the merchandise you failed to send, and at the same price. Oh, and I called their 800 number to place the order.

In the end, I guess you came out ahead, for at least that one sale. You cashed in on the shipping. But given what is, in my personal opinion, your lack of business acumen, maybe a few of the 70,000 people who visit this board will think twice about where they place their next order. I will be one of them.

highdesert:
Thank you, Joe Diver, for visiting this forum thirteen (13) days after I filled out your “Contact Us” form twice in one day. That is the form where I included my name, my e-mail address, and my telephone number, along with my order number, customer number, and reference number. I also included the SKU and verbal description of the item you charged me for but failed to send.

Rest easy in the fact that my credit card company is crediting my account for the $44.95 you charged me for undelivered merchandise. However, I apparently will not be recovering any of the $16.44 you charged me for UPS ground service to deliver my partial order, that being for a 2 lb. package that I seriously doubt could have topped a pound.

You want me to use your e-mail address? No problem. Then why do you not post your e-mail address on your “Contact Us” page? Had you done so, I would have used it, and if you did in fact respond, my e-mail program would have recognized the address.

Your prices are no different than most online , given that you claim to refrain from supplying an 800 number to keep your prices down. It only happens that on the day I ordered, I cruised the sites for whichever one could satisfy the largest part of my wish list with the least amount of shipping in one place. I apparently erred in believeing that your site was “the one” on that day. Others eventually supplied the merchandise you failed to send, and at the same price. Oh, and I called their 800 number to place the order.

In the end, I guess you came out ahead, for at least that one sale. You cashed in on the shipping. But given what is, in my personal opinion, your lack of business acumen, maybe a few of the 70,000 people who visit this board will think twice about where they place their next order. I will be one of them.

Certainly if JoeDiverAmerica has any business sense they will not respond any further to this complaint in an open forum. In fact its quite common in the business world to not respond to emotional complaints. You are being sarcastic and demeaning as well. You have absolutely nobody to blame but yourself for your mistake.

HighDesert, you can find their e-mail address on the Q&A page of their website...

...although it would seem more logical to find it on the Contact Us page.

They responded to my e-mail within a day or so. As it has been pointed out: it's the holidays. Things happen and sometimes e-mail gets redirected. I surely don't think that this is anything more than a blip on their customer service record.

Don't get us wrong: we feel your pain. But we think you are protesting too much after such a short time.

I gotta agree with High Desert here.

• 14 days is plenty of time to respond to the initial complaint.
  • If they published a phone number, this could have already been taken care of.
  • Blaming the non-response on a "spam filter" is kinda lame.
  • He should have called the customer.
  • Lots of other shops sell at the same price or lower and have toll free numbers they answer.

Though it appears that people have ordered from Joe Diver in the past and been happy, it sure looks like they dropped the ball on this one.

To me, any store that won't publish it's location and contact phone numbers seems like a "phantom shop" that might not be operating with the highest standards or might disappear easily. It makes dealing with customer service a huge ordeal. In the case of the scuba industry, it also makes it very hard to determine if they are a valid dealer of anything since you can't figure out where they are and search by zip code, city or state on a manufacturers website. It just makes the whole thing seem fishy.

Why buy from places like this when valid shops that will proudly say call us "toll free" will match or beat their prices? It's an easy decision to me.

Sorry Joe Diver, your business practices don't cut it with me.

Back
Top Bottom