What do you wear under your wet suit? Anything? Nothing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll usually wear jammers under the wetsuit and when I'm done diving I'll toss on board shorts when I take off my wetsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedos, all the way. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Most experienced divers will eventually learn that a baggy bathing suit, worn under a well fitting wetsuit is NOT a comfortable combination. If you plan on diving for consecutive days, it is a REALLY bad idea. The suits tend to ride up, roll up and cause a lot of irritation. Add urine to the mix and keeping the skin wet for several hour at a time and it is no wonder guys have issues.

We offer two suits which are suitable for wear under a wetsuit. They dry quickly and are comfortable under a pair of board shorts (we stock those too).

MUWB-2.jpg

MAKO Under Wetsuit Briefs

MUWJ-2.jpg
MAKO Under Wetsuit Jammers

Jammers.... when in "public" places....

When not in "public": Commando.... :wink:

Best wishes.

All my suits except for one are all skin-in.
I have to lube them up to get in.
I learned from the freedivers years ago to use a hair conditioner/water mix in a spray bottle and get the inside nice and slick then slip it on. Any fabric like shorts or even speedos will act like a disc brake and prevent the suit from sliding on.
So it's just become habit for me to go commando.
I have a nice dive cover up for changing so nobody knows a thing.

Not to mention it is pure heaven and sooooo comfortable not having anything bind, and warmer too.

Speedo jammers and a long sleeve rashguard.

Some years ago a rather rotund fellow had gathered himself to the front of the dive boat, a commercial and crowded boat, to don his wetsuit. Being as I like to set my gear up front, typically, I was entertained, against my will, with this fellow taking his cloths off, butt naked, to don his wetsuit which he had pre-wet and slathered with soap or some sort of liquid. It was fairly rough and the fellow lost his grip, with his legs stuck in the partially installed suit, a large wave hit, away he went. He slipped and slid, right past all the ladies and men, all the way to the stern, having shed his partially installed suit, while still butt naked. Had he had his senses about him, he should have just said, like, uh, it is my 100th, hand me my mask and tank!

N

Back
Top Bottom