What gear have you forgotten ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After a dive, I took off my watch and put it on the roof of my car while I was getting out of my wetsuit. Once everything was packed up, we drove away. About a mile or so down the road , my wife asked what time it was and I went to check my watch...OH ****, PULL OVER! Luck was on my side that day; the watch got hooked up in the roof rack.

Hood once and battery for my camera once(left it plugged into the charger)

Last Sunday I left my spare mask in the car and off we went in the boat about 15 min from shore. I always have it with me. Sure enough when I went to put my mask on the strap broke. Fortunately one of my buddies had a spare with him and stilll got both dives in. Murphy's law!!!!

I didn't forget my wetsuit but I did grab the wrong wet suit once 3m instead of 7m I did not realize it till we were on the boat at the sight. The water was 51-53 degrees my sac went from it's usual .4-.5 to .8 on the first dive and 1 on the second dive. I was supposed to make two more afternoon dives that day but I could not face the cold again even if I had the 7 in the afternoon.

I haven't forgotten any scuba-related gear, YET.

However, I once went on a canoe camping trip and managed to forget the canoe! I was driving down the road when I saw a truck coming the other way with a gorgeous canoe on top. I remarked to my son how great that canoe was and looked up compare it to ours and all I saw was the sky. DOH!!

It's quite remarkable that that other canoeist drove past, as canoes very rarely seen here and I was only a few miles out of town. Could have been disastrous, had we driven the many hours away to our launch site.

Last week I forgot my mask so I used my backup mask I carry in a pocket on my harness.

I refuse to participate in this thread on the risk that I may jinx myself :wink:

Here's the worst: 3mm wetsuit on the first day of the IE. Tension was high for everybody. Oops! Water 82 degrees though so no suit worked fine. Still...

Back
Top Bottom