Wrist vs Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry boys you are both wrong. I saw a guy come out of the water yesterday wearing knee pads. There was a trail of silt behind him... He wants to get rebreather certified!

OE2X:
Sorry boys you are both wrong. I saw a guy come out of the water yesterday wearing knee pads. There was a trail of silt behind him... He wants to get rebreather certified!

Well that's exactly the sort of thing that's going to happen if you throw the goalie into the lake.

OE2X:
Oh my lord, do I have a video you need to see. Keep an eye on your PM's.

Art, you listening? :wink:

doole:
Well that's exactly the sort of thing that's going to happen if you throw the goalie into the lake.

ROFL - I hear you have a few spare ones this year. Bet it gets dangerous up in Canada this time of year for them. Spring and the ice thawing...

I am totally surprised at the one sidedness of this thread. I thought for sure that we would have an argument about which was better, wrist or console and then AI vs. non-AI. Looks like most are wrist and non-AI.

crpntr133:
I am totally surprised at the one sidedness of this thread. I thought for sure that we would have an argument about which was better, wrist or console and then AI vs. non-AI. Looks like most are wrist and non-AI.

That kind of goes hand-in-hand with the users in this forum. Without turning this into a BP+W discussion (how do I do this gently), I've found that most of the more-vocal members use BP+W, and would therefore prefer wristmount computers and no AI. (I'm one of them.) I realize this may be a generalization. YMMV

mikeloyco:
That kind of goes hand-in-hand with the users in this forum. Without turning this into a BP+W discussion, I've found that most of the more-vocal members use BP+W, and would therefore like wristmount computers and no AI. I realize this is a generalization, but mostly true. YMMV
We're a smart bunch, aren't we? :eyebrow:

I think you're right, to an extent. In my experience around here and with the divers I've met, those of us that think about diving the most and are the most passionate about diving tend to use that style of gear. It only follows that those most passionate about diving are the ones that are most active on the gear forums on SB.

jonnythan:
In my experience around here and with the divers I've met, those of us that think about diving the most and are the most passionate about diving tend to use that style of gear. It only follows that those most passionate about diving are the ones that are most active on the gear forums on SB.

Eloquently said. I agree.

jonnythan:
We're a smart bunch, aren't we? :eyebrow:
No, jonnythan, I believe what mikeloyco said is that you're a vocal bunch. :D

I'd bet, again, there are a lot more folks on the Forum using a brick-on-a-rope than you see here. They're just scared to admit it.

But I'm out of that closet.

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom