Any recommended missile-proof SPG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericpitar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all,

Can anyone advise on a missile-proof spg that would last atleast 5 generations? Although my suunto spg is still working, I've been getting little water droplets inside and think it's a good time to get a spare before this one stops working. The water has not been enough to cause a little "flood" inside but just enough for the water droplets to be visible clinging to the face inside. Thanks much.

e

I got one from Soggy on this board. I think it says "DIR Zone" on the gauge face. It was pretty reasonably priced. There are a number of places that sell brass and glass gauges. They are all pretty similar and they are all made in the same factory in Italy.

Don't recommend a plastic one. Have no idea what your Suunto is made of.

I have had good luck with the Halcyon SPG. It is pricey but it has held up alot better than others I have used.

The Salvo SPG is solid, as is the XS Scuba Brass & Glass. But as ianr33 said ... many SPG's are the same, with most of them being made by Thermo and rebranded

Back
Top Bottom