What is the best DEFOGGER you have used?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coliseum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just to share my experience with you... the best Defogger I have used (I have tried almost everythinG)... is JOHNSON BABY SHAMPOO...

This is no joke... try it and thank me later if you have not tried it before...

on-abrasive childrens toothpaste, plus it smells like bubble gum.

Cheap and it lasts a long time...

(I am looking forward to when it runs out so I can try the new Harry Potter!!!)

Jeff Lane

was my spit. It works for the entire dive, it's free, and it's easy. Plus it makes you look "hardcore" to the new divers.

I thought Johnsosn Baby Shampoo was pretty good. Bu...You need to rinse it real well other wise it will suds up. I was getting ready for an ice dive once and some one offered to rinse my mask for me. I got a liyyle suds during the dive so I let in some water to rinse. When I went to clear out the water it really foamed up. It took several attemps to get it rinsed well enough.

I don't seen to be a very good spitter so thats out.

500 psi is the best commercial stuff Ive used.

I allways use spit.
Aperantly mine is very good for the task as people asked me on several ocasions to spit for them.

Only time I used tootpaset was after my mask was filled with gasolin from the boat's engin. :bonk:

I had someone offer it to me once. It took forever for it to rinse clean and stop making bubbles in my mask. I got some rotten looks from others too leaving suds in the rinse bucket.

I find spitting in my mask makes it smell - though it may have been becasue I forgot to brush my teeth that morning.

$2.99 Sea Drops does it for me.

Marc

I've personally found that 5000PSI works best and longest, whether it's salt water or fresh, hot or cold. The drops products seem to burn my eyes, and shampoo causes smears and bubbles...inside the mask! Spit isn't always available, especially after a dive or two, or worse, after lunch...

:)

I always just use my spit. I keep losing everything else. Luckily I'm one of those whose spit always seems to work and always lasts through the whole dive.

Plus that looking hardcore thing mentioned before is always a plus. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom