Cozumel Withdrawals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So,

I've been back almost a week after 10 days of diving in Cozumel, and I'm not diving this weekend. It's killing me and I only have a fresh water cold quarry to dive in. Some of you are there (in Coz), most of you are getting ready to go soon, and a few of you are like me, wishing you were ready to go back soon. How do you cope? I'm not trying to start another Cozumel addiction thread, but my pictures weren't good enough to post, my trip report is posted, my vacation time is temporarily up for awhile, and I'm too darn dry!
I need an answer to stop the withdrawals.

Help,
Matt

I feel your pain! I don't cope well at all so I'm usually planning my next trip within a couple weeks of getting home. We were in Coz in February and I'll be back May 26-June 3. This will be my first time alone. Me and my usual dive buddy (husband) won't be able to work a trip at the same time into our schedules until September and there was no way I could go that long without diving.

My limit is about 3-4 months between trips so I'm fine with a couple of our trips being only 4 days of diving. For me a short trip is better then no trip.

Every now and then, I have my dives videotaped. That way, I can watch them over and over during the "dry" spells. It's not a true fix, but it does help

Yeah. I want to open my pool just to sit on the bottom. I need to win the lotto or something.

I live vicariously through other SB members, some of whom I know are enjoying the last portion of a well deserved vacation right now.

Now those of you who are down there, GET YOUR BUTTS BACK AND POST TRIP REPORTS!!!!!!!!

Giggi:
Now those of you who are down there, GET YOUR BUTTS BACK AND POST TRIP REPORTS!!!!!!!!

Get your butt back home? That's a TERRIBLE thing to say to someone vacationing on Cozumel! ;^)

The only real cure is to BOOK ANOTHER TRIP :D
This way you can obsess on the countdown clock in your profile..
Here is my obession..
130 days 8 hours 12 minutes and 5 seconds
130 days 8 hours 12 minutes and 4 seconds
130 days 8 hours 12 minutes and 3 seconds
130 days 8 hours 12 minutes and 3 seconds

Find a liquor store that will order in Sol beer for you, it helps a little bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom