anti fogging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THIRD THREAD ABOUT MASK DEFOGGING - SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!

I can't beleive this. I don't even think about mask defogging. I tend to concentrate on my dive plan, and other gear such as regulators fins, SMB, air on, ect.

I am shocked by the fact that so many people are confused on the mask defogging topic. If the mask defogging issue is too complicated and a person can't understand it perhaps they should take up another sport!! Try golf, find a golf forum, discuss weather or not to re-use a golf T or not!!!!!

minnediver:
THIRD THREAD ABOUT MASK DEFOGGING - SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! I can't beleive this... I am shocked...

Lighten up Minne. It shouldn't be that mindblowing that everybody is at a different place in their learning curve. This is supposed to be a safe place to wander & wonder, even for people without your vast knowledge & skill.

minnediver:

I can't beleive this. I don't even think about mask defogging. I tend to concentrate on my dive plan, and other gear such as regulators fins, SMB, air on, ect.

I am shocked by the fact that so many people are confused on the mask defogging topic. If the mask defogging issue is too complicated and a person can't understand it perhaps they should take up another sport!! Try golf, find a golf forum, discuss weather or not to re-use a golf T or not!!!!!

If you can't see, your dive plan is in the toilet. I've had fits with a new mask and these ideas will be tried one by one until I can see through an hour dive with out flooding my mask ten times.

Stan

I was told not to use toothpaste or 500Psi on my Seavision mask because it would scratch it... I've been using the defog that came with it, but it smells and feels like baby shampoo, I figure once I deplete it I'll use the baby shampoo in the spray bottle and see how it works... I also use the baby shampoo to wash my wetsuit..it's pretty good stuff, the Baby shampoo people should use that in their ads!

staticcornflake:
SoftScrub will scratch some precison masks becuse of its abrasivness.

I have been using J&J for years now. You can get it in the little bottles and it works just fine. The way I put it on is reflective of my lazy nature. I always stay hydrated and have a small water bottle near me. When boat diving we get that 10 minute warning and I am in my gear and sitting in the sun. I reach down and pull out the J&J and apply a couple very small dabs. I smear it around and use about a jig of water in the mask to rinse it off. This keeps me from putting my mask in the collective ick bucket. I do not have to make that mad dash across a boat of divers trying to gear up. I even have a nice cool bottle of water to pour in my suit if the ten minute warning becomes a 15~20 minute sit.

Eric

minnediver:

I'm glad to see it. I've done a few dives, but - always glad to review the basics, especially on the appropriate forum.

My Defog failed me on the last dives, going back to the old kind - whose name escapes me at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom