What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My heavy bcd. Since I live in boston, and try to do all of my diving in warmer waters to the waaaay south, a much better choice would be a lightweight travel bcd, or perhaps backplate/wings.

Mine is not so much what but where. I bought a set of fins from Scuba.com and paid for 3 day shipping. Ordered it on 1/24 with a delivery date of 1/28. Later that day (1/24) I get an email saying the item was back ordered and they expected to get it in 2/3 with a delivery date of 2/6 (Ok not what I really wanted but fine [I really wanted to try them out last weekend]). Well yesterday (2/3) I get an email saying that the item is back ordered and they should get it 2/9 for a 2/11 delivery date.

I wouldn't be annoyed if they had said the item was on back order on the website when I placed the order.

Well as long as they get here before my 2/15 boat dive. :grumble:

scuba.com is pretty bad. They have a nice looking website but the service really sucks. Stick with scubatoys (for whatever you can find there), then check with other merchants that frequent here and leisurepro.

I didn't buy a high $ item that I regret, but all kinds of plastic lanyards, clips, retractors, QDs what-have-you are completely worthless compared to the simple SS or even brass snapbolt.

I guess I somewhat regret the purchase of my split fins.. they were decent, but too long for tight maneuvers and it was impossible to get off-the-shelf spring straps on them. My HP80 was also pretty worthless when you factored in the less than spectacular HP fills you get in most places.

Well I got another delay email from scuba.com. Emailed them back and told them to cancel the order. I just hope ordering straight from forcefin will be faster. If it is I would have paid the ~25 bucks difference right from the start.

I regret originally buying AL80's, even at used prices. At least I didn't totally screw up and buy a yoke first stage...

In retrospect, I have yet to be able to afford to fully get into decompression diving where I might use the AL80's, so I could have saved that money for other gear.

AL80's just are not the right tank choice for the average male diver of any normal size unless they stay shallow. HP100's or LP109's should have been what I bought.

Steel 120 tank. Great for lots of air once you're down there. Bad for walking around with for an old guy with bad shoulders.

I bought a swiv 250 veo oceanic nonintegrated to replace my analog gauge set up I really like it .
I do regret wasteing money on Genesis split fins (scuba pro jets is my chose) a crappy genesis yukon reg set (constant free flows below 70ft).and a few lights and tank stobes (Faulty seals) Im sure its been said before BUYER BEWARE. dm

I bought a Princeton Tec 3LED pistol grip light. Its great at lighting up EVERYTHING but it is useless to me now that I am going cavern/cave. Can't use a pistol grip light.
If anyone wants to buy it PM me.

Can I ask you why you can't use a pistol grip light in cave diving?

Adam

Last edited:
Brass snap-bolts
DX8000 camera/housing
Insta-dry hood (love the Insta-dry boots, though)
Aluminum tank
DiveAlert Plus (all the u/w bit does is blow bubbles)
Magnetic slate
Console based computer and compass (all wrist now)

What's wrong with brass snaps?

Adam

Back
Top Bottom