Gear Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meng_Tze:
I can not believe this is really an issue...... DIR colours.....PSHHT

The Equipment needs to serve its purpose, fit/configured correctly for its use. Does it really matter what colour it is? (is the red car better than the blue one?) It is through elitarism that DIR is getting a bad name, that we are 'arrogant' and see the non-DIR trained as lesser and now colur is added to this? Pls lets grow up and see where we fit in the grand scheme of things. Just differently trained. Take from DIR what you feel comfortable with, what makes sense. Don't worry about trivial things like colour....... 'looking good' is VERY relative. I much rather be safe in colour than 'bend' in black........

just wanted to get that out. I expect some slamming on this, but that will probably come from individuals perpetuating the DIR bad name....
There's a lot of joking going on in this thread. Don't take it too seriously. No one really cares what color your gear is, as long as it's functional and correct :wink:

My gear is Black, Blacker, and Blackest! But only until they make something darker...LOL.

@Jonnythan

I do see the humour in the jokes and the comments, but to be honest, I have heard serious comments pertaining to 'strokes, DIR or Die', etc, etc. It does concern me. But that is another thread / discussion. Not taking it too seriously, but just wanted to air some and highlight how innocent things can become 'truths' very quickly. Lots of impressionable people out there.

Meng_Tze:
@Jonnythan

I do see the humour in the jokes and the comments, but to be honest, I have heard serious comments pertaining to 'strokes, DIR or Die', etc, etc. It does concern me. But that is another thread / discussion. Not taking it too seriously, but just wanted to air some and highlight how innocent things can become 'truths' very quickly. Lots of impressionable people out there.
Meng Tze,

As Jonnythan mentioned, don't take it too seriously when people talk about color in the DIR forum.

By the way, I have yet to meet a DIR diver that acts like this "caricature" that people always seem to bring up. I've only seen this in the writing of a very few people on the Internet. Those that I've met in person or corresponded with on the Internet have been very polite and intelligent people.

Serious comments like the one's you mention above are not allowed on this board. Mind you it's not easy to always catch these right away, but we try to make this a friendly environment. Here is a paragraph from our "Terms of Service" that may make you feel a bit better about things:

No post should exceed a “PG” rating. Profane, insulting or mean spirited language is simply not allowed here. Neither is any sort of harassment or bullying. Threats of any sort are grounds for immediate banishment. While the debates may wax passionate, there is no need to revert to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, please do not retaliate and instead use the "report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of the post to notify us. No trolling or flaming of any sort is allowed in any section of the board! Posts advocating or condoning illegal activity are also not allowed on SB.
Thanks for your concern.

Christian

I only wear black until they invent something DARKER.....

Charlie99:
It's stuff that you can only see with the new DED (dark emitting diode) flashlights.

Actually, I am thinking of switching to HID

(high intensity darkness)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom