2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spurrier? You guys in the eggnog? :idk: Too old for that demanding job. I tell you what UM really did not like was all the booster club crap. Send an assistant for that stuff. Why burnout a coach criss-crossing the state for such purposes?

Actually that's one of the strong points of Saban's contract. He only has to do very limited Booster Club events (money raising).

I don't think Spurrier will be back. But he does have a beach house on Cedar Key. (or did).

Actually that's one of the strong points of Saban's contract. He only has to do very limited Booster Club events (money raising).

I don't think Spurrier will be back. But he does have a beach house on Cedar Key. (or did).

A lot of the writers who are making the most sense IMO are gravitating toward a Dan Mullen selection...

let the fun ones begin! :rofl3:

On Urban Meyer leaving... M*A*S*H parody...

goodbyeurban.gif

Interesting article by Steward Mandell about whether Auburn had the hardest ever route to a BCS title game, and whether Oregon had the easiest:

Eliminating AQ bids would improve BCS process; more Mailbag - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

(answer to both: probably)

yeah... We've discussed several times the absence of a hard schedule that Oregon and Boise State both had.

compare that to most SEC teams and having to play tough SEC opponents every week.

Look at Alabama. Most of it's opponents had a "free week" off before they played Bama each week, giving hem extra time to prepare. That's tough on a team. Still Bama had a good outcome this year.

No way that Boise State or Oregon could compete week after week in the SEC.

I like the way SI described it:

Auburn and Oregon will be contesting the National Championship Game, or, as it is starting to become known, the SEC invitational.

Will Muschamp going to be Florida HC.

Back
Top Bottom