50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just turned 58
Live in the Keys, visit Oahu when I can (family lives there)
Do boat dives in the Keys and beach dives in Oahu
Certified with NASDS first (in the 70's)
along the way with Naui, Iantd and Padi
Have achieved MI w/ Padi
My all time favorite shop is Underseas in Big Pine Key

55 years old
airline retired
western Canada
certified in the 80's PADI/ANDTD AOW/EAN
dive cold water/warm water/salt water/fresh water......not fussy
particularly fond of wrecks

I spend January and February in the southern states each year and am always looking for diving opportunities. My itinerary this year includes the Florida Keys( hope to have the RV parked at John Pennekamp) and the Florida panhandle, and then making my way along the Gulf coast to Texas, then northbound home.

If anyone on this list wants to meet up for a dive, I'm always game.

Best regards; jbm

Last edited:
Hey Geezers!
Been diving Manzanillo the past 3 days. Been fun. Diving with Scubashack. Fernando my DM was brilliant. He is a wealth of ocean knowledge.
I'm 51
from edmonton
heading to Coz in January-Feb.

:eyebrow:There is a poll running about the age of the divers here on SB so far us "mature divers are winning":eyebrow: anyone want to pop over there in basic scuba discussions and leave the young un in our dust? Mwoooohhhhaaaahhhaaahaaa:eyebrow:

I also live in Memphis. I am in Honduras right now heading back to Memphis today. I have been on the island of Guanaja in the Bay Islands of >Hondura taking care of some business and of course getting in a few unbelievable dives. I can be reached at lagonia at aol.com. Still have not gotten the hang of these Spanish computers!!!

Better to have done it late than to have never done it......................

are there many/any of you from the Jersey area? I will be of this age someday... kinda sorta..... soon or a year or two ago....

always looking for dive buddies....specially cold water ones, dive this area year round...

The young whipper snappers have left us in the dust on the Poll.... may be too many of us babysitting while they go diving

The young whipper snappers have left us in the dust on the Poll.... may be too many of us babysitting while they go diving

They want us to watch the great-grand kids while they go diving!

I'm 51 years old
certified 1982
padi, sdi/tdi
divemaster, getting deco/adv nitrox.
favorite shop, Blue marble divers Hagers town md.
I dive almost every week-end anyone wants to go all are welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom