50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

53 and dive trips one to three times a year. Mostly Cozumel, because cheap flight and all inclusive pkgs out of Dallas, Tx. I'm from Ruston, La. Husband and I both are happy divers. Went 129ft last year, but came up too fast believe. Sick, headache, nausea. CS with my doc confirmed I had a brain. haha. But all good. I have a cyst below sinus cavity but no problems yet. Blew ear drum out during certification 8 years ago and still love to dive. Just takes longer to get down with the group. "LIVING UNDERWATER" in Cozumel the best with Jeremy.

Went 129ft last year, but came up too fast believe. Sick, headache, nausea. CS with my doc confirmed I had a brain. haha. But all good.
Uh, don't do that! :shocked2:

Eh, I have done a lot worse and I didn't even start until I was 53, but I am the example of what not to do. Be careful girl...!

54 going on 55 I hope :wink: Spent two weeks on a Blackbeards cruise in Nov. Dec 09 with 4-5 dives a day. The more time you spend on the bottom, the less time you waste on the surface:D

This is great a forum for the elderly. I started at 57 and can't wait to get back to Mexico in two weeks. Did the Dry Suit thing but hated it ...felt like the Stay Puffed Marsmallow Man, so I haven't dived dry since. May try a 7mm wet suit this summer.

I'm 61 and know the feeling of waking up old. My knees are 82, my hips are 79 and my shoulders are 85. Thank the Lord for Aleve.
I'm in Texas North-Alberta. I heard ther was a Texan so big they couldn't fit him into a casket, after the did an enema they buried him in a shoe box:rofl3:

If you all notice that Jax is a typical Harley rider...ashamed...so ashamed he/she uses a real bike a HONDA Gold Wing just like mine as the avitar .

Honda Honda going Faster faster.

Well I'll be darned! Wife and I were about to depart for a 3 week+ trip to Australia with the last week aboard the Spirit of Freedom live-aboard to the Great Barrier Reef and the Coral Sea Islands when I came down with this dizziness thing. It affected me only as I got out of bed, which is usually once during the night and the morning. My doctor explained it to me, saying it would disappear in two or three weeks, which it did. It didn't affect my diving, but at times I didn't know if the dizziness was from the condition or the rocking boat. We're home now and the condition is gone - so far.
I'm 70 years old (feeling every bit of it) and did 20 dives on this trip.

Hello,

I live in Santa Clarita, dive in the Channel Islands mostly (although I've been a few cool places around the world), favorite shop is Hollywood Divers and AOW.

My goal is to dive in the keys on my 80th birthday because I dove there when I was 18 and remember a 80 year old guy on the boat and I thought that was pretty cool.

50+!!!!????? Crikey. We're still babies - in general, and in dive world. Not even worth asking the question until you are 70.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom