50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a 64 yr old DM who now lives in the USVI. I have found my age to be an advantage. Young divers seems to be more open and comfortable with me. I have never encountered a situation where my age worked againist me.

I am 64, a DM, I live on St. Thomas, USVI, my favorite dive operation is Blue Island Divers and I do a lot of wreck diving in the Caribbean. We have several great wrecks and dive sites around us and enjoy the opportunity to go out with divers visiting this area.

+ (nearly!) 3 but didn't start until was 49
Where do you live? Leigh-On-Sea, England
Where do you dive? Malta/Gozo, Egypt, Thailand, Philippines
Favorite dive shop? 2.
Theres one in Manila, Scubaworld, with branches elsewhere. Guys were terrific. 1181 Pablo Ocampo St., Makati City, Philippines. And of course, Diverse Scuba, dive school & shop in Essex.
Current certification? PADI Instructor

I am a 64 yr old DM who now lives in the USVI. I have found my age to be an advantage. Young divers seems to be more open and comfortable with me. I have never encountered a situation where my age worked against me.

Man that's great to hear. I am 57 and should be finishing up DM this year and will probably continue training to Instructor as well. Glad to hear that us old guys are still of value! :)

52 until feb
kamuela hi.
Dive master @ kohola divers
search and rescue archuleta county sheriffs dept.
Swift water and ice rescue pagosa fire protection dist.

Turned 50 last August and I live in Central IL. Been diving since 1979, I'd guess close to 1000 dives (stopped logging 20 years ago). I used to do SAR work, loved to go deep, and enjoyed wrecks, but now really prefer nice warm shallow dives.

I live in Montreal, Canada and am 53 years young. I dive with my two daughters ages 15 and 20. We dive in Lake Champlain, VT (cold) and on vacation in Florida and the Caribbean. My local dive shop is Total Diving in Montreal.

66 years old
Dove this morning in Puget Sound. Snowing, water temp 38F, 127ft max depth. Shore dive.
Good dive.

34* freakin' degree water
5 tanks sat. and sunday
got up to 15* with a brisk wind......
max depth of 134' with a 24 yr old trying to kick my butt...
he was sleeping long before me....
have fun
yaeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom