50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leni Riefenstahl, German film director, actress & dancer (refer Leni Riefenstahl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) learn to dive when she was 72. She published books of underwater photographs in 1978 & 1990, followed by a short film in 2002 when she was 100 (Impressionen unter Wasser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I am not sure if she was still diving in 2002.

Thanks! I'm sure this will help Jeff realize one is never too old to do something you want to do. :kiss2:

Closer to 60 than to 50
Live in Clearwater,FL
Dive in warm water ONLY (unless we are surprised by a cold upwelling) Caribbean, Bahamas, Florida (when the water is warm enough).Favorite Florida place to dive is West Palm Beach. Trying out Curacao next month.
Favorite dive shop isn't really a dive shop, but a dive op in WPB, Narcosis, run by Van Blakeman and his stellar crew
NAUI OW. Just never got around to the advanced courses.

Closer to 60 than to 50
Live in Clearwater,FL
Dive in warm water ONLY (unless we are surprised by a cold upwelling) Caribbean, Bahamas, Florida (when the water is warm enough).Favorite Florida place to dive is West Palm Beach. Trying out Curacao next month.
Favorite dive shop isn't really a dive shop, but a dive op in WPB, Narcosis, run by Van Blakeman and his stellar crew
Just got closer to 60 than 50 this year, myself...

Quick question, though... what do you like in West Palm that has an advantage over Key Largo (other than proximity to you, of course). Just curious because I haven't dove WPB, and I'll be passing through there shortly on my *way* to Largo or Tavernier...

Closer to 60 than to 50
Live in Clearwater,FL
Am very familiar with Van and Narcosis. Great group and diving. Have you tried Jupiter yet? A little deeper than WPB, but more pelagics and turtles. Put it on your bucket list.....you won't be disappointed. :) BTW, water temp today in Jupiter was 71F. Woo Hooo!! Try www.jupiterdivecenter.com. Best outfit in northern Palm Beach County!
Just got closer to 60 than 50 this year, myself...

Quick question, though... what do you like in West Palm that has an advantage over Key Largo (other than proximity to you, of course). Just curious because I haven't dove WPB, and I'll be passing through there shortly on my *way* to Largo or Tavernier...

Key Largo and Tavernier have beautiful reef systems with shallower dives than Palm Beach County. Very pretty. The thing that beats ( IMHO) out the keys area is the pelagics that swim and spawn in the reef system here that follows the gulf stream. It brings in nutrients that attract the larger species of marine life......the sharks, the large turtles, the big green moray eels, the Goliath Grouper, etc. Where the reef system itself isn't as pretty as the Keys, the marine life is incredible!!!!!! I would rather dive Jupiter than anywhere else in the Florida area. Just my opinion and experience.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was wondering about...

Very possible! It's going on my short list...

Very possible! It's going on my short list...

I also have spare rooms to rent (cheaper than hotels wih ammenities if you're planning on more than a one day affair here.....IJS)

Carrollton, Texas (near Dallas)
Clear Springs at Terrell, TX, Cozumel, Cayman Brac, Little Cayman, Belize, Utila, Ft. Lauderdale
International Scuba for training, Scuba Toys for equipment
AOW & Nitrox aka Geezer Gas (note over 50!)

Back
Top Bottom