A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^I had that pleasure on Friday. It was an absolute disgrace. The lines snaked back so far into the arrivals corridor that you could actually purchase duty free items while waiting in line. At one point one of the Immigration officers left her post to yell, in Thai, at some Russian tourists whose deportment did not please her.

A few things Immigration could do to streamline the procedure.

• Instead of having a line for each station there should be a single line that feeds all stations. That works well in Narita and would go a long way toward equalizing waiting times for all arriving passengers.
  • Do not permit people to fill out the arrival card at the Immigration counter. Instead they should be directed to a separate help desk for assistance.
  • Put a few officers out amount the arriving passengers to do crowd control and provide form-filling assistance.

Reason # 345: The mobile clothes-dyers who will fast and cheaply give your old shirts or pants a new color.
Dye.jpg

I stopped reading at number 5... what was the other reasons?

Reason # 345: The mobile clothes-dyers who will fast and cheaply give your old shirts or pants a new color.

I'm amazed that these guys still exist. There's one in my area with an almost identical kit. I love the distinctive sound of the clapper they use to announce their arrival.

Reason # 346: Khmer ruins all over Isaan.

This is Prasat Plai Bat 1, in Buriram Province. The prasat is about an hour's walk from the nearest road.

prasat_plai_bat_1.jpg

#349: THE BEST REASON OF ALL TO GO TO THAILAND:

IMG_09872.jpg

#350: Orchids - Soft Cane Dendrobium

Not many people raise this type of orchid because it usually only flowers once a year. The photo was taken on my morning run route. I always look forward to the beginning of the hot season and the spectacular blossoms on this collection.

soft-cane.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom