A Very Cozumel Navidad - Lista Diciembre 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - I made it out of DFW yesterday, and I'm now sitting in the lobby at Casa Del Mar planning out my day. My flight was delayed 2 hours yesterday, and DFW was a mess travelers wandering around, clutching the cots they had been given. Some had been living in the terminal since Friday! And I just got emails from a couple friends in my dive group that there are NO flights out of DFW today, and they probably won't make it till Wednesday -- Mercolas, for those of us lucky enough to already be in Paradise. Gotta go lug my dive gear over to Dive with Martin's shop, then head into town to exchange dollars for pesos.

My currently non-diving +1 and I will be there Dec. 19-23. We're staying at Casa Mexicana. He will be doing his Discover Dive course with Blue Xt Sea. Hopefully I'll get in a few dives, but don't want to ditch him too often because this is the "convince him to become a diver" trip!
icosm14.gif

Kind of starting to freak out we won't make it to Cozumel on time...
There is supposed to be 4 inches of snow on the ground tomorrow, and we have to take a notoriously bad road to the airport. No idea if a plow will have even been out when we leave the house at 4:00 a.m.; and if we do make it to the airport, don't know if it will even be open. The flight we need was delayed this morning by over an hour, and the weather isn't even bad- so that is not a good sign.

There is supposed to be 4 inches of snow on the ground tomorrow, and we have to take a notoriously bad road to the airport. No idea if a plow will have even been out when we leave the house at 4:00 a.m.; and if we do make it to the airport, don't know if it will even be open. The flight we need was delayed this morning by over an hour, and the weather isn't even bad- so that is not a good sign.

Can you leave tonight and stay at an hotel near the airport?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can you leave tonight and stay at an hotel near the airport?

No, there is only 1 and it is still a bit far- so if there are no plows, being there won't really help. The 3-4" forecast has changed to 1-2" so we should be okay to get to the airport. Now we just have to hope the plane leaves.

I'm not going to be calm until I'm in Cozumel...

Can't you hitch up the mules and take the sleigh?

I live in Northern Ontario, but my job is in Tempe Arizona, and now they've sent me to Alaska 11 days before I'm supposed to be in Coz...... AND IT'S FREAKIN' WINTER HERE!!

Thought I was going to avoid snow completely this winter, but apparently not. Maybe I'll appreciate the vacation more....

We made it out of snow land (over an hour late because of de icing. Why do they not just plan for that?) our pilot hauled butt and we are now waiting in Atlanta. Hope to be in Coz for a late lunch.

Back
Top Bottom