A Very Cozumel Navidad - Lista Diciembre 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10" of snow on top of 1" of sleet, low tonight expected to be -5. I hate you :wink:

13 days, 10 hours, 18 minutes.... (assuming I can get my car out of the driveway by then.... :(

Ewww.. that is horrible. The only advice I can give is dont order 3 Margarita Alison con sal at Kinta. Really. Dont do it....

Dallas/ Fort Worth got 11\2 Inches of solid ice on Thursday /Friday. Flight ops at DFW basically ceased., no flights yesterday and it looked liked like I wouldn't get a flight until Tuesday. This morning a flight was showing as active, one of then very few operating, I made the treacherous 7 mile trip dodging stalled Cars and the Gods smiled, the flight after serveral hours to de-ice, made it out to Cozumel. Currently sitting in `Ohana's, life is good:) :) :) :) :) :-!

Last edited:
Sounds like home is getting hammered by snow and ice. darn shame.

On the other hand, we dove Brick and Cedral wall today. Saw bunch of cool stuff. Largest trumpet fish I ever saw. Nurse shark. Couple REALLY big hawksbill and some smaller ones. Didnt see a single lionfish, but there were a couple mutton snappers who were hanging around hoping. Got to dive with Fulvio of the Deep. Love that guy.

I got confused and had a scubaboard meeting at El Moro last night. Whoops. Still we had like 8. It was kinda busy there. Tried the famous butter pecan ice cream. It is really really good. I also has the Fish El Moro for the first time. That was GOOD too. Consider it a warm up for the REAL scubaboard dinner on Tuesday.

Going to Sorrisi for the first time tonight at 630. Don't know what is good there, but I have heard peeps raving about it.

Sorry to hear you are stuck in my city. No snow here yet but I was talking to my sister in Houston and they are good but she said Dallas was hit really bad.

If you want to chat, send me a PM and I'll give you my home #.

Betty

Stuck in Toronto. Flight to Dallas tomorrow is cancelled. Trying not to let head explode trying to speak with a live person at American Airlines.

Eww... That sucks.

We had it rough tonight too. Sorrisi was closed for a private party and we had to eat at Kondessa.

Of course it was awesome though. Red Snapper was to die for. Oh and there is a cold snap here. I think it got down to 78 maybe?

Eww... That sucks.

We had it rough tonight too. Sorrisi was closed for a private party and we had to eat at Kondessa.

Of course it was awesome though. Red Snapper was to die for. Oh and there is a cold snap here. I think it got down to 78 maybe?
Gloating can cause bad Karma. MMM hopefully you can get through to AA and get rebooked.l see nothing on AA that gets you here today. Possible to get to Cancun late tonight but to late to make the Ferry. They do have a afternoon flight to Miami, linking to a CZM flight that gets in tomorrow afternoon, looses a dive day but you could make El Morro's and make CVChief buy you a Maragita.

I wasnt gloating!!! much.... Besides when she gets here she is nearly staying forever while I have to go back.....

Besides I thought all Canadian airports had those planes with the skis. Could they use one of them?

And I would happily welcome the Triple-M with a big Margarita from Ray.

I never reached a live person last night and finally gave up around 2 am. Am rebooked through Miami to Cancun and then will do the bag drag getting into Coz very late. The alternative was spending another day in Toronto, which I didn't wish to do. Chief, the problem isn't our Canadian planes with skis. It is that you 'Mericans don't know what to do when you get a couple of inches of snow.

I never reached a live person last night and finally gave up around 2 am. Am rebooked through Miami to Cancun and then will do the bag drag getting into Coz very late. The alternative was spending another day in Toronto, which I didn't wish to do. Chief, the problem isn't our Canadian planes with skis. It is that you 'Mericans don't know what to do when you get a couple of inches of snow.

Well you might have a point there. It was mostly the Texicans' fault wasn't it? The missus diverted to CUN one trip and barely got out Dallas because of ice. I think since its a red state, they don't participate in global warming so they get more freezing weather these days.

Back
Top Bottom