Add Excitment to a boring dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
What exactly IS cacheing?

I think that geo cachingor whatever is when someone sets up a course with GPS coordanants, and then sends you on a scavanger hunt. It tests your ability to accurately plot a course, follow it, and get to your destination using a GPS device.

trucker girl:
What exactly IS cacheing?
http://www.geocaching.com/

People hide stuff and give you gps coordinates. There may also be puzzles that need to be solved or instructions to follow for some caches. (example - for scuba, it may be the coordinates of were to enter the water, since gps doesn't work underwater, find a certain sunken boat, and then take a certain compass heading from the bow) Once you find it using your trusty gps receiver and a little bit of luck, you sign your name that you were there, and depending on the cache, take a goody and leave on for the next person.

lol . . .pretty much.

Actually, if you like hiking and stuff like that already, it just adds another dimension to it. Or if you're a family looking for a cheap way to do stuff together. I got my gps reciever last year, used it maybe four times. I now have no idea where it's at.

":lol: I dont care who you are that's funny":mooner: :eyebrow:
Pook-60:
Well..."Scottri" had the right idea!

In his words...
"I found a dead deer and a dead seal. I've also found watches and other personal stuff but no human body parts. The dead deer was funny because it was right below a bridge where people were fishing. It still had some hair and flesh on it as well as the eyes. I stuck my dive knife into the bottome of it and raised it slowly out of the water while I stayed below. My buddy was on the beach and said it scared the ***t out of everyone fishing. It was like the deer head popped up, looked around and went back down."

Now that's getting the FULL use of your Scuba dollar!!!

Here is a something to do when a dive gets boring and you still have lots of air. I think my kid is a video game addict.

Divinggame.jpg

-Bring your GI Joes with you and play war with the fish.
-Spear Fish
-Treasure Hunt
-Collect things
-Sneak into a marina and surface next to people and tell them you are lost, or make up some story about a sea monster or something, see how gullible they are.
-scuba into the swim area and sneak up on cute girls.
-make a fake shark fin and scare everyone in the swim area
-Go Deeper, or shallower, going places gives you something to do.
-I like to dive different spots every time I go out, the best thing you can do is wreck or cave dive, you never get bored, if you are always checking out a new wreck or a new cave.
-photography
-grow an underwater garden
-make an underwater fort.
-make your own mini-wreck.
-Make an underwater preserve of your own.
-set up underwater scare crows in places where people dive a lot.
-go diving with someone new.
-I can go on and on and on. There is a lot of stuff to do underwater, I got bored before too, if you can't tell.

Volunteer!!!!

Help out, that is a good one.

volunteer for a reef research project, or some other type of research or clean up or something like that. Join a dive team with a purpose.

Pants your dive buddy and empty the pees bait bag close to him.

Naaaa I couldn't do that

happy Diving

Tic tac toe with buddies is fun. How bout a toypedo? Underwater acrobatics? Practice hovering head down 2 inches from the bottom. Paper, scissors, rock? It tried an upside down dive once...challenging.

Use the features of the quarry. Mine has a Staircase. Take off the fins and run down and up. Also great for flying practice, riding down the handrails in fins, and the paralel bars section of my routine. Your has something fun, too.

The scenery can get boring. Diving can always be fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom