Add Excitment to a boring dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like the quarry is the boring part, are there any other dive options in your area?

grassyknoll:
Hmmm....geocacheing has gotten popular. Anyone heard of scuba geocacheing?

This was one of my first thoughts when I was getting certified - that it would be great fun to set up and underwater cache and listen to the other local geocachers complain about not being able to reach it.
I've yet to actual do it. I haven't been caching at all actually this summer. Forgot were I put the GPS last fall. D'oh.

ClayJar:
Learn morse code and spend the end of the dive tapping up a storm about the conditions to see if anyone replies.Oooooooooh... or LEGO!
. ...- . .-. -.-- - .... .. -. --. / .. ... / --. .-. . . -. / .- -. -.. / -.-. .-.. --- ..- -.. -.-- / .-. .. --. .... - / -. --- .-- .-.-.- / --- .... / .-- .- .. - .-.-.- / .- / ..-. .. ... .... / .--- ..- ... - / ... .-- .- -- / -... -.-- .-.-.- / .. - / .... .- -.. / ..-. .. -. ... / .- -. -.. / ... -.-. .- .-.. . ...

"everything is green and cloudy right. so wait. a fish just swam by. it had fins and scales."

I believe that is the proper translation. go here to try yourself.
http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

unlike underwater, topside DOES get boring.:( :hanged: :shakehead :sleeping_ :smileysto

Spit out your reg and go limp, see if anyone notices?

They'll never dive with you again, but it *will* be exciting.

Okay, bad idea, how bout this....

On a wreck, bring some gold or silver Mardi Gras doubloons, get there first and spread em around, buddy discovers the "treasure".

He'll never dive with you again, either.

Maybe you should accept that trying to make a dive "exciting" may not be that good a concept...

Hehe... bring a small bottle with some dry ice (and a little ballast, of course) down with you (be sure it has a vent hole so it doesn't explode). Once bored, open the top and inverse-pour some water in to get it *really* offgassing, and then swim by someone.

Of course, they'll probably never dive with you again, either. :D

A friend of mine has an ongoing feud with her instructor, the dive shop owner (and NAUI #5500-ish -- he's been around for a while). Last trip, she hung a just slightly buoyant spiky fun ball thing on his yoke screw. When he found it after the dive, he asked his buddy (one of his OW students on her checkout) why she didn't tell him it was there. She didn't tell him because it made it so much easier to tell which diver was her buddy.

On my OW checkout, we had a guy who took a bit of help to get negative, but eventually he got the hang of it with the help of that same instructor. They made the dive together, and the instructor collected something like six lobsters. He stuffed a couple in the student's goodie bag. Then he stuffed the student's BC with a few. Then he had the guy hold another one. (It was actually an excellent way to get the student over his apprehension, as how can you be apprehensive about diving when someone's stuffing lobsters in your clothes? :D) Anyway, so another way to add fun to a boring dive is to stuff animals into the outfits of your fellow divers... but they might not dive with you again... and be sure they don't have a shellfish allergy. :wink:

Well..."Scottri" had the right idea!

In his words...
"I found a dead deer and a dead seal. I've also found watches and other personal stuff but no human body parts. The dead deer was funny because it was right below a bridge where people were fishing. It still had some hair and flesh on it as well as the eyes. I stuck my dive knife into the bottome of it and raised it slowly out of the water while I stayed below. My buddy was on the beach and said it scared the ***t out of everyone fishing. It was like the deer head popped up, looked around and went back down."

Now that's getting the FULL use of your Scuba dollar!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyone ever have a speargun war with your friends...that might be fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom