Add Excitment to a boring dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ken, that's a great photo! :D

Makes me want to go out and get some lemons!

I wonder what other fruits are as fun?

It makes me wonder about the person that found out about the lemon though... must have one heck of an imagination! :D

Doc Ed:
Hey Ken, that's a great photo! :D

Makes me want to go out and get some lemons!

I wonder what other fruits are as fun?

It makes me wonder about the person that found out about the lemon though... must have one heck of an imagination! :D

It was an inside joke topside the night before. I saw one on the dive boat, and just grabbed it the next day for one of the dives and it ruled.

Citrus is the best. Apples are like missles (way, WAY too bouyant), tangerines too fragile, and the tropicals (mangos, papayas, etc) are fun and colorful but their skin isn't real tough.

Its just silly fun, and they make great pics. I have TONS of fruit pics underwater. Some silly (like the Mango Globetrotter spin, below) and some beautiful (like the Brandi pic, above) and some just funny... like the fish demolishing the tangerine, below.

---
Ken

66455091.igvvvBwO.jpg

66455288.u9OH5Dnx.jpg

66464738.0MDn6P70.jpg

Sharkdive1:
Ok I am still stuck on the bored on a dive bit.:confused:

Fresh water diving gets boring pretty quickly. We're lucky enough to live near the sea. There's a BIG difference. The ocean is full of life and color, fresh water is generally gray and dull.

Walter:
Fresh water diving gets boring pretty quickly. We're lucky enough to live near the sea. There's a BIG difference. The ocean is full of life and color, fresh water is generally gray and dull.
Sink some boats in it.

Walter:

GREY AND DULL?! Walter, I'm surpised at you. Freshwater is just as nice as salt. OK, so the color is green, not grey, but green is a color too. :D The amount of life you see depends on where and how you dive. Freshwater fish are much easier to spook. So if you move around alot, and blow tons of bubbles, you probably won't see many. If you are still, and calm you can watch them start circling you on the very edges of vision. Then they slowly come in to check you out, but you must be patient. I have seen some HUGE fish underwater, but only becuase I waited for them.

FD

Hmm... I've had fun with a buddy (yep, me, diving with a buddy... go figure) playing monkey-see-monkey-do underwater. It was great practice for learning how to stay at net constant depth while tumbling, rolling, spinning, headstanding, and trying all sorts of other strange orientations.

I'm hoping to be able to try out UNO (and maybe Go Fish) this weekend, and if *that* gets boring, we could even try the first *inverted* underwater scuba UNO game...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom