Add Excitment to a boring dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freshwater? Stuff a standwich under your dive buddy's first stage and watch the perch, bluegill, bass and other critters swarm him. The really funny part is watching him try to figure out why he's suddenly so popular!

Okay, so I'm kidding. I don't really do that.......any more. ; )

Ken - love the fruit pictures. The color makes for an amazing picture. I've taken torpedos to pass around on the training platforms in the local quarries. I'll have do a "buoyancy check" on some citrus in fresh water to see how they float!

Mo2vation:
They are barely positive - so they hover well. They spin, bounce and kinda float about in slow motion. They're great to reverse juggle, they make excellent, colorful, striking subjects and they're generally just a hoot.

I love 'em.

---
Ken

66088654.EgXUQS67.jpg

i'm buying lemons :D

ScubaCatgirl:
Take a can of cheese whiz with you :wink: ..............for even more fun, smear the cheese on your buddy's wetsuit, lol :lol:

Cheez Wiz Kills the fish...It binds up in there digestive system and causes the fish to die of a severe case constipation!!! That is not a joke!

Tek Adventure Diver:
...i get kinda bored sometimes after practising skills and exploring the quarry, so what other fun things can i do??

Bored?! BORED??!! Surely you jest. I could spend my life underwater and never get bored. Just keep sending down those tanks. One at a time, please.

Ken's ideas were great. I'm definately getting lemons for my OW students next time at the lake.

I particularly like the idea of sinking more diver attractions. Get some hula hoops and set up a diver bouyancy control/manueverability obstacle course. See you fast you can get through it, how few times you or your gear touches any part of the hula hoop. Kinda like a horse jumping competition.

Learn morse code and spend the end of the dive tapping up a storm about the conditions to see if anyone replies.
. ...- . .-. -.-- - .... .. -. --. / .. ... / --. .-. . . -. / .- -. -.. / -.-. .-.. --- ..- -.. -.-- / .-. .. --. .... - / -. --- .-- .-.-.- / --- .... / .-- .- .. - .-.-.- / .- / ..-. .. ... .... / .--- ..- ... - / ... .-- .- -- / -... -.-- .-.-.- / .. - / .... .- -.. / ..-. .. -. ... / .- -. -.. / ... -.-. .- .-.. . ...
Oooooooooh... or LEGO!

CraigDiver:
Right here goes....

When I get bored during a dive I....................

Ready for this....

I surface!!!

CraigDiver

I usually surface when...............I'M OUT OF AIR:crafty:

k4man:
I usually surface when...............I'M OUT OF AIR:crafty:

...and when I surface (again, out of air)...THAT's when I'm bored!!

Yes, this is strange. I'm quoting myself. I wonder if I'll answer?? What voices??:11: :11: :11:

Hmmm....geocacheing has gotten popular. Anyone heard of scuba geocacheing? Might be a bit tough to get GPS coordinates but think of the fun you could have leaving some interesting items for someone to find. A slate to record who's been there and comments. Maybe even an UNO deck or Battleship game.

If all else fails, your in a lake, go negative and practice making mud-angels on the bottom.

grassyknoll:
Hmmm....geocacheing has gotten popular. Anyone heard of scuba geocacheing? Might be a bit tough to get GPS coordinates but think of the fun you could have leaving some interesting items for someone to find. A slate to record who's been there and comments. Maybe even an UNO deck or Battleship game.
There are indeed scubacaches around... and as soon as I can get the rest of the stuff together, there'll even be one more (a very challenging multi-dive scubacache in Toledo Bend).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom