Advanced Open Water- Which Adventure Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are thinking about doing the Advanced Open Water Class in the next couple months and are having trouble deciding which dives (in addition to Deep, Navigation, and Night) to choose.

Which ones do you recommend? We are not interested in the boat dive, as we dive from boats all the time. We have thought about Search & Recovery, Peak Performance Buoyancy, and Underwater Naturalist, but we are pretty open.

Thanks!

Focus on dive skills.

PPB
Search & recovery
Nitrox

Pete

Photography is a great elective to take. Shooting underwater is different then on land and wreck diving is a good one also.

Definitely do Peak Performance Buoyancy. Even though you state you dive all the time it is still a great skill to have. I would do Search and recovery. The other ones are information that you can pick up from other divers and the board.

Have fun!

I just completed mine last weekend. I did:
Nav
Deep
Search & Recov
Night
Wreck

I had the most fun with the night dive and would highly recomend it. The aquatic life more than doubled what we normally see in the scuba park.

I chose the PPB, drift and wreck.

Today I would choose PPB, S&R and wreck.

Thanks all for the input. I don't really dive "all the time" I just dive from boats when I do dive :)

Sadly, wreck and drift are not one of the options, only because we don't have that around here. We will be wreck diving in Cancun though in November! So excited!

It sounds like PPB and S&R might be the way to go. We are also definitely doing Night (I've done a night dive before but love the idea of a second one with instructor supervision!)

Go with the nitrox. Even if you never use the stuff the information presented is very informative. The peak performance is also a good choice.

All three are excellent choices (PPB, SAR, & Naturalist)! It's a shame you won't be able to complete a wreck dive, but I hope you're trip to Cancun makes up for it. Nitrox, Photography, and Multi level may also be good for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom