Advice on fins for snorkel test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dannybot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have several sets of fins, advice on which to use is appreciated:

Mares Avanti Quatro

Mares Avanti X3

Aeris Velocity Duo split

Any thoughts on speed vs fatigue?

Why not do a shorter test run with all 3..........what suits one person doesn't always suit someone else

I would but I don't really have access to a pool prior to the test, so I just walk, run and bike to try to get in adequate shape.

I would suggets using the lightest and most flexible of the three, so that would be the Aeris Velocity Duo. The Mares are to stiff IMHO.
My son tried his Aeris Velocity Duo and did OK with them. I've had two recent candidates that just used a pair of Body Glove? open heel split snorkeling fins.

I have several sets of fins, advice on which to use is appreciated:

Mares Avanti Quatro

Mares Avanti X3

Aeris Velocity Duo split

Any thoughts on speed vs fatigue?
Which are the fins you are most comfortable with and have the most experience with? Or the ones that give you the most thrust with the least amount of effort?

That's how you decide which ones to use. :wink:

Are you worried about scoring enough points? Changing fins would only possibly change your score by one point, and only if you are close to the better scoring time with your slower fins.

Out of the 3 that you mentioned, I would recommend using the split fins.

Definately go with the lightweight split fins, to reduce fatigue!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom