Aqualung I300 My Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would anyone want to buy a entry level dive computer for US$300.00?

I did, and many, many dives later am very satisfied with it.

Did I do something wrong?

I also bought a German SUV. I could have bought a Korean one, I suppose.

Did I make a mistake there too?

Overpriced by a hundred dollars or so-some people like the "brand" name that is all good. A basic puck computer.

I did, and many, many dives later am very satisfied with it.

Did I do something wrong?

I also bought a German SUV. I could have bought a Korean one, I suppose.

Did I make a mistake there too?
It is your money. But I can buy TWO basic entry level dive computers for $300.00 eg Mares Puck at LP.
This is a scuba forum so I really don't care about SUV!!!

You are missing the point, but you are absolutely right.

In the future I will base my purchasing decisions solely on the cheapest price, instead of all the other considerations, such as recommendations by trusted people at the local shop, brand reputation and previous experience, features and options that may be useful in the future, value, quality, and my budget.

Thank-you for your insight.

Last edited:
In the future I will base my purchasing decisions solely on the cheapest price, instead of all the other considerations, such as recommendations by trusted people at the local shop, brand reputation and previous experience, features and options that may be useful in the future, value, quality, and my budget.
We are talking ENTRY LEVEL dive computer.
BTW, what is your PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE or anyone else on AL computer?

You are absolutely right. So sorry. I am just not used to parsimonious condescension.

In the future I will try to enter at a lower level.

Thanks again.

Much of the above conversation is incorrect. The i300 is a rebranded Oceanic Veo 2, not Veo 3. It is 2 button, single gas nitrox computer. Oceanic is dual algorithm, DSAT and PZ+, Aqua Lung is PZ+ only (a proprietary tuned down, more conservative, version of Buhlmann ZHL 16-C). The Oceanic Veo 2 is available for $295 including download cable. The i300 appears to be $300 plus the download cable. I can't fathom why anyone would buy the "new" Aqua Lung computer. With a decreasing number of OEM, one has to be increasingly careful when purchasing dive equipment. Companies are increasingly relying on their brand name rather than comparison of features and value. Disclosure is nonexistent, buyer beware
I would rather wait for few more weeks for the launch of the Deep 6 brand new computer, ~ 7 wks according to its FB comment, than buying a rebranded. And probably cheaper as well.

I would rather wait for few more weeks for the launch of the Deep 6 brand new computer, ~ 7 wks according to its FB comment, than buying a rebranded. And probably cheaper as well.

With either the Mares puck or the Deep 6 computer, you'll be stuck with a proprietary RGBM decompression algorithm, no thanks.

I'm with Murky, I'll invest in equipment with the features I want, and then try to save a little money on the deal

With either the Mares puck or the Deep 6 computer, you'll be stuck with a proprietary RGBM decompression algorithm, no thanks.

I'm with Murky, I'll invest in equipment with the features I want, and then try to save a little money on the deal

The point is, if you buying a rechargeable battery, there's a very good reason to choose a genuine sanyo over trustsurefire and pay extra. This is a rebranded pelagic. You can buy a pelagic with (equally proprietary) "ZH-L16c - based" algorithm and more features for $50 less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom