Barge crash in St Lawrence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
d33ps1x:
Then it's good to at least now have it on record that what you proclaim on Scubaboard may or may not be based on fact.

A safer world for all. Thanks for clarifying.

Dude, for someone as full of opinions as you, I would think you would be the first to respect someone elses thoughts. Instead of leaping down someones throat because you disagree, why not just ask them to clarify? Maybe you just might be enlightened. I know I was. I have respect for Warren's thoughts. I would never take his or anyone elses opinion as gospel truth, but merely as more information to be reviewed in leading to my own opinion. When you sit poised to pounce like a verbal buzzard, the inevitable outcome is that everyone will eventually take silence as the easier route. And then a great resource like this board will be useless...
I'll sit back now and wait for you to climb all over ME for expressing MY opinion....

CDN ff:
Dude, for someone as full of opinions as you, I would think you would be the first to respect someone elses thoughts. Instead of leaping down someones throat because you disagree, why not just ask them to clarify? Maybe you just might be enlightened. I know I was. I have respect for Warren's thoughts. I would never take his or anyone elses opinion as gospel truth, but merely as more information to be reviewed in leading to my own opinion. When you sit poised to pounce like a verbal buzzard, the inevitable outcome is that everyone will eventually take silence as the easier route. And then a great resource like this board will be useless...
I'll sit back now and wait for you to climb all over ME for expressing MY opinion....

I did ask him to clarify. Twice. It got muddier.

Conversely I will be happy to qualify any of my opinions with factual reasons why. Verbal buzzard. Interesting. Those not full of sh&t should have nothing to worry about should they...

Like I said. I gotta run. I'll be happy to slide down the firepole to the lunchroom and chat it up with yah l8tr CFF.

d33ps1x:
IMO
IMHO
IMNSHO

Warren. I'll do you the favour and stop now while you aren't too knee deep in your own. I have been ordered to get a haircut anyways and have to go do that before the commander loses it on me.

l8tr.
Sorry d33ps1x, I still don't see what you are getting at. Muddier? Perhaps to you. If I have made untrue statements, please let me know.

Cheers,

Warren

Not hard to see why though, someone just came back from a suspension.

Howdy

This is the reason that the FRESH WATER FREAKS thread section of this discussion board has lost it popularity over the last four months and has been cornered to achieve a single goal and purpose for a few. I Personally don't give a rats behind who, what or even how one speaks his mind on the board, its an open forum isn't it?. I just shake my head at the new generation of idiot divers on the for front. This doesn't necessarily mean any of you. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Mr Adams

Mr Adams:
Howdy

This is the reason that the FRESH WATER FREAKS thread section of this discussion board has lost it popularity over the last four months and has been cornered to achieve a single goal and purpose for a few. I Personally don't give a rats behind who, what or even how one speaks his mind on the board, its an open forum isn't it?. I just shake my head at the new generation of idiot divers on the for front. This doesn't necessarily mean any of you. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Mr Adams

Mr. Adams you hit the nail on the head as you often do! I hope it has not been lost on the owners of this board that the volume of traffic on this forum is way down at a time when it should be hopping. Last summer we had the dive police on here and this summer we have the thought police. I don't know which is worse, but it certainly does not make this forum very welcoming for the free exchange of opinions and ideas when one has to be fearful of offending a chosen few.

Warren_L:
Sorry d33ps1x, I still don't see what you are getting at. Muddier? Perhaps to you. If I have made untrue statements, please let me know.

Cheers,

Warren

After reviewing your posts on the board you I have come to the determination that you are in fact wasting your breath.

Do you realize what CaCl is used to melt snow on walkways and on the runways of Airports. The fact that it also will burn human skin and damage vegetation.

How would this affect the marine biology in the St.Lawerence and the great lakes. Improve it? Maybe you also think that smoking dope doesn't kill brain cells.

Take another hit of your pipe before you decide to type on your keyboard.

scubascudadoo:
After reviewing your posts on the board you I have come to the determination that you are in fact waste your breath.

Do you realize what CaCl is used to melt snow on walkways and on the runways of Airports. The fact that it also will burn human skin and damage vegetation.

How would this affect the marine biology in the St.Lawerence and the great lakes. Improve it? Maybe you also think that smoking dope doesn't kill brain cells.

Take another hit of your pipe before you decide to type on your keyboard.
Hi scubascudadoo,

I'm sorry you feel that I am "waste your breath", whatever that means. Nonetheless, if you read my posts, I was not saying that CaCl in high concentrations would not do damage, but my supposition, rather, was that it would be in such dilute concentrations that it may not matter.

May not matter? And dumping pesticide and paint down the drain would not matter either right? The fact that its only a gallon or two.

Your not smoking dope but crack. ANY chemicals added into a biological enviroment is going to cause damage. They use to stun tropical fish with cyninde. It only started to kill reefs. Not a biggie. We don't need reefs to look at or the marine life they support.

scubascudadoo:
May not matter? And dumping pesticide and paint down the drain would not matter either right? The fact that its only a gallon or two.

Your not smoking dope but crack. ANY chemicals added into a biological enviroment is going to cause damage. They use to stun tropical fish with cyninde. It only started to kill reefs. Not a biggie. We don't need reefs to look at or the marine life they support.
Seriously? Didn't someone somewhere say something about blanket statements. d33ps1x, where are you??

Seeing as I don't see anything in your posts that would suggest you understand what CaCl's effect on biological systems is, I can tell you that if you ingested a gram of CaCl and a gram of cyanide (which is what I presume you mean by cyninde) that the effects of the latter would be far more devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom