Barge crash in St Lawrence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boogie711:
In short - the good news is that our lake will be fine. Any affects will be local, short-lived and easily recoverable. If anyone would like to question how I arrived at the numbers, or where I looked up the data points, I'd be happy to discuss via PM.
Thanks for the straight answer Boogie. Something that is hard to get around here.

My apologies if I may have suggested someone shoot themselves in the head earlier. It was meant to highlight what I thought of their cyanide/calcium chloride comparison.

The producers of MTV's Jackass certainly do not condone this and would ask that he to whom the suggestion was made does not take us up on the offer.

Sorry for interrupting and we now go back to our regularily scheduled programming. "The Pocket Periodic Table - How to use this handy reference".

Stay tuned next when we delve into the interesting art of babbletalk in the award winning show, "1318 things and counting that may or may not be true but does it really matter as long as I get to babble?"

Try not to fall asleep.

WTG Boogie..... I was thinkin about typing up something rather similar - but had stuff to do earlier!

Your friendly local Hazmat I.C. agrees 100% with what boogie said..........imho it's really not that big a deal and the potential long term effects are minimal to nil. (of course if I was incharge of the scene I'd have a Chemist and Biologist sign off on that one.....but that's the CYA that's always floating around in the back of my head......)

If anyone's interested in an MSDS for it - here's the link - remember - alot of the sections in these are generic and copied throughout MANY different MSDS's..... I'd say they overreact slightly....

http://www.eutechinst.com/msds/ecca1000ppm.htm

btw - I've seen MUCH worse things LEGALY flushed down a drain than this one.....

No offence to you personally, but wasn't the problem of Walkerton the consultants and engineeers monitoring the place who didn't do there job correctly, just asking.

Mr A

d33ps1x:
My apologies if I may have suggested someone shoot themselves in the head earlier. It was meant to highlight what I thought of their cyanide/calcium chloride comparison.

The producers of MTV's Jackass certainly do not condone this and would ask that he to whom the suggestion was made does not take us up on the offer.
Again, d33ps1x, I really don't know what I did to set you off, and for that I do apologize. Even with the abuse that has been thrown my way, I don't hold it against you.

That comparison was just pointing out the parallel that the new user that was drawing between something inocuous and dumping pesticides into to the water. So I'm glad you agree in that sense.

Cheers,

Warren

Mr Adams:
No offence to you personally, but wasn't the problem of Walkerton the consultants and engineeers monitoring the place who didn't do there job correctly, just asking.

Mr A

Well, considering I'm not an engineer, no offense taken by me personally. The problem with Walkerton was a corrupt municipal staff manager and his brother who falsified readings, claiming there was chlorine in the municipal water system when in fact, there was none. In the early days of the crisis, when asked if there was a problem with the water, they denied it. I believe both of the Koebels are up on criminal negligence charges at the moment?

It was the consultants and engineers who came in to the town to fix the problem. My job was not to improve water quality, but to assist in the communication initiatives required for residents and media.

Thanks! Understood now.

Mr A

Kudos to you, Warren, for keeping your cool and not stooping to the bottom-dwelling levels of other members here despite being called "chief science officer" and being labelled as a pot and crack user.
I hope you will continue to post here despite the hostility you endured in this thread.

Diverlady

d33ps1x:
Thanks for the straight answer Boogie. Something that is hard to get around here.

And I thought it was Scubascudadoo who made those comments...hhmmmmmm

so....are we all done now....still looking for the link to the accident...anyone have it?

Well said DL.

FYI.... yes the mods know about this thread, and are keeping a "closer" eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom