Info Beginners Guide To BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4' is likely fine. It's less than a $ a foot, so 5 is safe or maybe overkill... :), but better than short

You do not have to sew the loop. You can also use a tri-glide. You also want a tri-glide in the back to adjust the length right. Some Gorilla tape from HomeDepo/Lowes is a key tool to tidy up extra wedding ends, as you settle toward lengths or after.

Look on the plate for two holes for the bolts of the STA. Look at the image on the first page of this FAQ. If yours has no holes, no STA use.

I'm going to be using blue nylon for my harness with black drings and sliders, so I am going to try and make a matching crotch strap. It's pretty much the same cost as the premade one. I'm probably going to make a black one with black hardware too because I might go with that.

All of my gear is black/blue thus far so I'm going to just continue with that. I'm petty like that lol.

Just get an extra slider to make the loop on the crotch strap.

Eric's plate won't work with a stock STA, but it comes with its own equivalent. All plates with straight spine should work.

All normal plates i seen work with a standard STA, some of them also haveslots for camband and do therefore, if you have matching slots in your wing, don't need STA.

The usual singel spine plate design is made for double tsanks, and then you attatch the tanks with 2 bolts, the holes you bolt the STA in is the holes you originaly used for attatching the twin tanks.

There are some plates with double spine designed for single tanks, and the freedom plate is designed for single tank use. the double spine plates do not use a STA, and the STA that come with the (later) freedom contour plate is more of a mounting bracket, in some earliere designs the rails was welded in place.

Do they make any other type of cinch straps other than the SP ones? Those are pretty damn expensive if you buy them solo ($60 each) or $85 to get the STA with 2 of them, which would be the no brainer. But that is still a lot just for straps.

Cinch straps seem like they could be very nice and just a little easier to get on/off of tanks.

Another question...

With BP/W, where is the octo typically being stored while diving? Is it just clipped on somewhere or something? I really didn't think about this.

The setup I tried, it was setup so the octo was hooked with a necklace around the divers neck, with the mindset that if needed, you give your primary to the other person and the octo is right there around your neck for your mouth. But what other methods are the octo?

Another question...

With BP/W, where is the octo typically being stored while diving? Is it just clipped on somewhere or something? I really didn't think about this.

The setup I tried, it was setup so the octo was hooked with a necklace around the divers neck, with the mindset that if needed, you give your primary to the other person and the octo is right there around your neck for your mouth. But what other methods are the octo?

Some people use a necklace, some people use an air 2 so it's integrated into the inflator, some people put an octo retainer/clip hooked onto the right d-ring, some people add a second d-ring/triglide to position an octo retainer elsewhere. You can put it pretty much wherever you want on the harness.

Some people use a necklace, some people use an air 2 so it's integrated into the inflator, some people put an octo retainer/clip hooked onto the right d-ring, some people add a second d-ring/triglide to position an octo retainer elsewhere. You can put it pretty much wherever you want on the harness.
When clipping to a d-ring, what is typically done with the hose routing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom