Info Beginners Guide To BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I mean when you are diving, like with a jacket, we would fold the hose up and put it into a pocket. But I guess if it's clipped on, you can just let the hose dangle a bit behind you and under your shoulder.

Somehow I always had that silicone loop octo holder on the right D-ring of my rental jackets, I never put the spare 2nd in a pocket. I now have the same silicone holder on the right D-ring of my harness. (Where an OOG diver would expect to find it.)

I prefere primary donate, for many reasons.

Then it make sence to use the longer hose and have shorter hose on the backup regulator.
When having a shorter hose on the backup it make sence to carry it in a necklace.

I have seen some people that use to fold the backup hose and put it through the right sholder D-ring as you are use to put it in the jacket.

Do they make any other type of cinch straps other than the SP ones? Those are pretty damn expensive if you buy them solo ($60 each) or $85 to get the STA with 2 of them, which would be the no brainer. But that is still a lot just for straps.

Cinch straps seem like they could be very nice and just a little easier to get on/off of tanks.
These add quite some weight when you travel, but they are indeed convenient. Best and luckiest option is of course to salvage/recycle them from a dive center renewing their gear.

Aside from that, it gets much cheaper if you buy the parts separately rather than the assembled band. Even cheaper if you buy only the hardware. You will then have to make the 2'' webbing part yourself (cut, add velcro, eventually sew). If you have some lying about, you can also use a bent Dring on triglide instead of the trapeze Dring with slider (but new ones cost about the same).

Get the schematics from any classic SP BC to find the partnums, and then order them at an SP dealer.

I think apeks make the same kind of camband, probably others as well.

Good hunting.

So now I have another question in regards to BP/W setup and SPG...

I'm looking to purchase an SPG possibly and from what I've read, it sounds like with BP/W most people clip the hose onto the left hip D-ring or run it through a bungee circle right by there.

My question is, what length hose is good if that is the location I want to have mine clipped on or ran through there? Is there a "standard" length for SPG's and these kinds of setups?

So now I have another question in regards to BP/W setup and SPG...

I'm looking to purchase an SPG possibly and from what I've read, it sounds like with BP/W most people clip the hose onto the left hip D-ring or run it through a bungee circle right by there.

My question is, what length hose is good if that is the location I want to have mine clipped on or ran through there? Is there a "standard" length for SPG's and these kinds of setups?
I use a 28" hose and find it perfect length but with minimal slack if I needed to adjust things, so I'd say 28-30".

Okay cool. I was thinking like 30" or 32". The only thing I will probably like to do is pull it closer to my face when I want to read it but that's it.

If you're planning on clipping to the left hip D-ring, 24" or 26" are the most common(24" can be a little short for single tank rigs). The last thing you want is a big loop of hose sticking out, there or anyplace else. Overly long LP inflator hoses are often a culprit in this regard too.

Extreme Exposure

Aside from that, it gets much cheaper if you buy the parts separately rather than the assembled band. Even cheaper if you buy only the hardware. You will then have to make the 2'' webbing part yourself (cut, add velcro, eventually sew).

what, like this

OTG Scuba Diving Tank Band /Cam Strap with SS Quick Release Hinge Buckle #OG-120 | eBay

or this

OTG Scuba Diving SS Single Tank Adapter w/2 SS QR Hinge Buckle Cam Strap #OG-121 | eBay

So now I have another question in regards to BP/W setup and SPG... I was thinking like 30" or 32". The only thing I will probably like to do is pull it closer to my face when I want to read it but that's it.

it's same ish as the length with a bc and if it's close to the eye that you want well clip it to a shoulder
not clipping and unclipping and clipping again all to check your remaining air, that's just for followers

not that experienced types need to check their air much

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom