Boat Tipping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I normally give 10% of the cost of the boat ticket as a start. Then if they were really good and helpful just add more. But they just ask for 10% of the ticket and the tickets are from 35 to over 100 dollars depending or the site we go too.

Hope this helps you out... Rich :mean:

Well, I went out for my first dive post-class today and the boat trip cost $55. And I tipped $5. (Sidenote: I found a monster shark's tooth! I saw some of similar size for sale at around $60.) I only have 4 pics as the batteries needed to be changed in the UW camera I brought along.

to me... It could have been a little more but it is all good. It is just like tipping for your service when you go out to eat... good service good tip... bad service bad tip. I have been looking for a long time for a sharks tooth and have yet to find one... good deal on the find.

Rich :mean:

Well, the kid setting up my equipment (which made me nervous) had my tank way too high and I had to take it off underwater and readjust it.

Originally posted by mark3397
Well, the kid setting up my equipment (which made me nervous) had my tank way too high and I had to take it off underwater and readjust it.

On our Caribean trips, The first thing I tell the Crew is I'll take care of my own gear! thank you very much!! Then, I know it's set up the way I want it. I am responsible for my own safety!!

I usually tip $5 per dive. On our last trip there was 2 DM's on the boat. only one helped my wife and I. Only one got tipped!! :wink:

The dm on my lat trip was great. He watched over us all like a mother hen. Was ammusing but nice to know. My mom tipped him like $20.

:poking:

Hey mark do you have pics of your find? Also what do you do walk up to the guy and hand him some cash. I've never been so I don't know the setup. And your only tipping the divemaster right.

Actually, you are tipping the whole crew (captain, DM, cook) & they put a jar out on the counter in the galley (in our boats, anyway) for people to make anonymous cash donations. It's kinda like how the busboy gets some of what is left for the waitress.

I know when we go out, we are only tipping the mate on board. They do all the work, help you in and out of the water.. with your fins and on one boat I dive from they even cook Hamburger's and hotdog.... plus after the last dive they have fruit and cookies. When we go out for our New Year's dive they have Hot soup or something like that... so it all depends on how many are getting into the pot of money.

Rich :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom