Bp/w build your own backpack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^^that is awesome! Im def just gonna do that. I wasnt even going to attempt zippers I was just gonna do a synch close top. using an old backpack seems way easier and probably better overall.

What kind is she getting? I wish I had a HD walking foot sewing machine like a Sailrite model. Ultrafeed Sewing Machines

Of course a nice HD PAFF or something would nice too. Mine does good for about 3-4 layers of light weight cordura, but it won't sew a stiff webbing strap past 2 layers. I have come to really appreciate the auto cut feature. What I wish mine had was a self threading feature for the needle.
I have a Thompson walking foot SailRite is a knock off of the Thompson. SailRite bought out Thompson and still makes same machine with little change to original design. 99% of parts are exact direct replacements. An older Thompson might be cheaper if you can find one.

I whole heartedly believe their claim that it will sew anything you can fit between the foot and bed of the machine.
Have used it to sew 2 pieces of 1/4" (7mm) leather together, it stitches them together effortlessly and doesn't even slow it down.
What i want now is an RF seamer so i can make bladders for wings.

Back
Top Bottom