BP/W weighting..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed some covers for the plate from zeagle that had foam in it for comfort??

No need, just extra buoyant bull****. Back pads are completely pointless, the backplate really isn't touching your back while you're in the water, so unless you're walking long distances wearing your gear it's a gimmick (and then I'd want padded straps instead of backplate). You need a wing that will overcome everything negative (floating your rig at the surface), and that will also compensate for the buoyancy loss from your wetsuit. For a single AL80 in warm water even a 15 would be fine... I believe DSS actually makes a 12lb'er for monkey diving.

Whenever I have some extra money lying around I'd love to pick up something like a SS freedom plate and the DSS 12lb wing for vacation diving.

You should be fine with an AL BP, one non-weighted STA, 17/18 lb wing, Jet Fins/Turtle Fins and no additional weight.......

What kind of reg setup do you use? Plenty room to hook octo and reg on harness? Also using a depth gauge only off of primary? Looks pretty stream line in the pic.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom