Buying a camera online?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is why I went for the camera. I am excited to see what I can get for pictures this weekend.

Typically, On Line stores are as reputable as any local store. My wife and I have had probably 200 transactions. I have bought Scuba equipment from individuals that totalled over $400.00 and have never been stiffed. Have dealt with many stores and have never had a problem. Use Paypal this will give you some additional safeguards if you have any issues..

Typically, On Line stores are as reputable as any local store. My wife and I have had probably 200 transactions. I have bought Scuba equipment from individuals that totalled over $400.00 and have never been stiffed. Have dealt with many stores and have never had a problem. Use Paypal this will give you some additional safeguards if you have any issues..

This is not such great advice. In general, online merchants are quite good. However, photo gear merchants attract enormous numbers of scams, so do your research or stick with reputable companies. This has been true since the pre-WWW mail order days. If you're buying a camera from a scuba company, you're probably fine.

Second, if you've got a credit card, use that, not Paypal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom