Crazy, Scary, Funny, or all of the above?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope someone informs the dive center. They should be held to task for allowing these divers on a boat.... including the 'instructor'. March 2012? Maybe they still remember it- somehow, sadly I think they may not. Just another day at the office.

How about the just pull the diver back on the boat and let him sleep it off with no assistance at all? But,
QAquF
kinda cool looking boat.

Several had so many bullet weights on I thought originally it was a piece of equipment I was not familiar with. This is just plain scary. The flailing around and constant motion made it look like an OW class for the first time getting to the 20 foot platform.

I hope the dive agency has a chat with them.

Terry

The "bullets" are .5kg lead weights. I counted ~24 making it 12kg or 26lb!! It footage is shocking, however this is more and more becoming the reality in dive training. I doubt that the DM training lasted more than a couple od days. Easy money to be made from willing and paying customers.

Depending on the neoprene being worn, 26 pounds might be needed. I can't remember if the BCs looked overly full or not.

OK, it's hard to see, but I think the BCD is full and this guy is fighting for his life. That bicycle kick isn't doing much for him, either. I wonder if the panting by the videographer is from him have to keep kicking as well? You can see at one where he stops kicking and simply plummets downward. No wonder he was exhausted on the surface.

It's not all bad, there was a diver at 2:30 who appeared to be neutral and horizontal. It was the guy swimming off into the distance alone with no buddy.. oh wait...:banghead:

Those are 500gam brightweights

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wish I could see this video!

---------- Post added July 11th, 2013 at 11:08 AM ----------

if you're trying to watch it on a phone or other mobile device, you need to go to YouTube.com and not the app.
What's the name of the video or how do I find it? I tried this but found lots of diving disaster videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom