Creepy things found diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow - I got sucked in there for a second!!! All those posters who seemed to know each other well - but I had never seen a post from before!

That's what you get with a resurrected thread from 2001.

Now THAT'S creepy!!!!! :11:

Kim:
Wow - I got sucked in there for a second!!! All those posters who seemed to know each other well - but I had never seen a post from before!

That's what you get with a resurrected thread from 2001.

Now THAT'S creepy!!!!! :11:

Creepy!!! Wonder if Julie ever found out what was wrong in Truk?
Maybe she did and that is why she has not been heard from since!

Never found anything creepy, and I don't want to!

One of my buddies discovered the Ace One wreck here in L.A. He went into one room and saw the unmistakeable sight of human ribs. He said he was startled and backed out of the room, then realized the skeleton couldn't hurt him so he went back in. It turned out that he was in the galley and the "ribs" were the edges of dinner plates covered by silt. :D

Another friend was diving in Brutish Columbia and saw a mask and snorkel stuck in the silt. He tugged on the snorkel but it was stuck so he swam away. He got a few yards before he saw a drysuit with doubles. When he saw vertebrae inside the drysuit he knew what was happening. He went back and pulled the mask out of the silt and found the skull. Turns out two brothers were diving there a few years earlier and got seperated. One never came up.

I've been diving for our local Sheriff's Dept. since 1973. When we have to search for a drowning victim in black water, which is most of the time, I'm still creeped out when bump into him/her even though I've done it several times. Your try to prepared yourself for it, but it is still startling when you actually run into the victim.

I found a cat once in about 18 fsw ... the thing was so covered with crabs that it took me a while to figure out what it was ... :11:

I also found what I believe were the remains of a seal ... I suspect it was leftovers from an orca brunch ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My dive buddy! :11:

Can you clean out the inside of a drysuit?

Friend of mine found the local baker in the front seat of his car just off a pier.

Apparently he had been missing for some time and some relatives or friends who had a sneaking suspicion saw they were divers and asked them to check it out. Still caught everyone by surprise. Police handled the rest. Scary.

Back
Top Bottom