Cylinder Markings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks Kate - Litehedded i'll see if i can get a set of flames made up locally for my defender :)

I use the GUE stickers, and I think its worth while to have dedicated tanks. Of course, if you NEED to slap some duct tape on there, go for it, but try to have dedicated tanks. It really makes the logistics easier and reduces confusion of "what's in what tank when?"

Cool if you bring your own cylinders, but I have rentals so you don't have to.

For name stickers, I think last name is probably best

Until your last name stretches the entire tank! LOL

Cool if you bring your own cylinders, but I have rentals so you don't have to.
well yea. I think rental tanks are a bit irrelevant here though.
obviously no one is buying mod stickers to put on rental tanks

well yea. I think rental tanks are a bit irrelevant here though.
obviously no one is buying mod stickers to put on rental tanks

You've obviously never had a DIR team fly in for one of your charter trips.... :)

With regards to the MOD stickers, the important thing is that they have to be big enough, and located such that both the diver AND his teammates can easily read them, even in low viz. Name stickers don't have that kind of functional import, so there's more personal choice in how big they are or how they are oriented.

First - In full disclosure, I am working my way through a fundies class right now.

Now, I have to say, I like Franks suggestion about the white duct tape. In my off time, I run a hydro shop that services all the dive shops here in town. I also have trained all the shop employees (for the three local shops) in Vis procedures, so everyone is on the same page. But, one of the things that always irritates me is when a diver brings me his tank to hydro and vis, and when he picks it up, he wants to complain and try to haggle for me to deduct the cost of MOD stickers he bought because he now needs to buy new ones since I stripped the old ones off for the vis. That duct tape is a lot cheaper then those stickers.

First - In full disclosure, I am working my way through a fundies class right now.

Now, I have to say, I like Franks suggestion about the white duct tape. In my off time, I run a hydro shop that services all the dive shops here in town. I also have trained all the shop employees (for the three local shops) in Vis procedures, so everyone is on the same page. But, one of the things that always irritates me is when a diver brings me his tank to hydro and vis, and when he picks it up, he wants to complain and try to haggle for me to deduct the cost of MOD stickers he bought because he now needs to buy new ones since I stripped the old ones off for the vis. That duct tape is a lot cheaper then those stickers.

Now see, I would complain if you did NOT scrape off my stickers. Replacing them is one of the costs you have to factor in IMO.

---------- Post added May 3rd, 2012 at 12:54 PM ----------

why do you take the mod stickers off to vip the tank?

no one has ever done that to mine before

Seriously? I have never had anyone not scrape mine off! LOL..

How would you inspect 100% of the external surface of the cylinder without scraping off all of the stickers?????

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom