Cylinder Markings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omg!!!

do you strip the paint off as well?

Only the aluminum ones. Now, tell me honestly. Do you have a single painted stage bottle with an MOD sticker on it? You do know I'm gently giving you crap, right? I don't sticker any of my cylinders for any reason apart from what the customers put on for MOD or name labels. Only my Fabers and my OMS doubles have paint. Nothing has boots except my Worthington 100 single.

Only the aluminum ones. Now, tell me honestly. Do you have a single painted stage bottle with an MOD sticker on it? You do know I'm gently giving you crap, right? I don't sticker any of my cylinders for any reason apart from what the customers put on for MOD or name labels. Only my Fabers and my OMS doubles have paint. Nothing has boots except my Worthington 100 single.

not many. but a few of them are painted. all have MOD stickers. argon have argon stickers

oOUJy.jpg

if you yanked off my mod stickers every time I vipped a tank i would be upset

Only slightly shocked that you have painted aluminum cylinders. I would never remove your MOD stickers as I don't VIP any cylinders but my own. And I use white duct tape for MOD stickers. :D Isn't this where I came in?

I'm studying Visual Inspection Procedures now. According to the SDI - TDI Visual Inspection Procedures Manual,

Remove any previous EOI (Evidence of Inspection) stickers as well as any other customer-applied stickers if you have any doubt whatsoever what may be under them. Customers have been known to take a condemned cylinder with a hole drilled in the sidewall, to tap the hole and install a plug. They then covered the area with a sticker. They have also filled gouges with auto body putty and the ubiquitous sticker.

I haven't seen any MOD stickers removed yet, just the previous VIP stickers. Now I need to question my instructor about removing all stickers.

Only slightly shocked that you have painted aluminum cylinders. I would never remove your MOD stickers as I don't VIP any cylinders but my own. And I use white duct tape for MOD stickers. :D Isn't this where I came in?
I have whatever I can get my hands on :)

White duct tape is nothing more than a temporary solution.

which is all that's required for the problem at hand. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom