Dangerous lies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It took me few hundreds of dives to lower my SAC from 0.8 to 0.4 cfm.

Dangerous lies?
She won't be home for hours...
No Baby, I know when to pull out....
I've had an operation.... snip-snip...
We're just together because of the kids...
I've done this a thousand times....
Splits are just fine....
I don't need any help....
It's just a rash...
I love you too, babe...
It's just till pay day....
He's working late....
I had it serviced last season....
I know what I am doing....
No.... I just put it in my wallet today...
would I do that to you?
It doesn't count as sex....
It's an open relationship....
No, she's eighteen....
Trust me.... I know what I am doing....

Here's one: you look at the video and pictures on a resort's website. Then you go there and find the dive conditions and the fish population nothing like the promotional video. Been there - done that.

The most dangerous lie I was ever told.....

"Sure.... go diving if you want to."

I was all -> :yeahbaby:

It was a sunny Saturday morning, and I though I had heard the sweet sound of a loving wife saying what she actually meant......

Those were the days before I was fluent in "lady-speak".

An ancient dialect I believe should be taught in public schools.

I have never felt more in danger than when I returned home and saw :rant::letsparty: ..... then i was all ->:fear:...... That was the MOST dangerous lie!

Having seen any number of panicked divers, I can tell you that the first thing they do is get rid of the mask (by shoving it up on their forehead) and regulator.

Anyone who says that a mask on forehead ISN'T a sign of panic is lying.

What you say "the first thing they (panicked diver) do is get rid of the mask (by shoving it up on their forehead) may be true. That does not mean that every diver that has pushed their mask to their forehead is panicked. Your logic is faulty. I do it all the time and I have never been panicked. This is a dangerous assumprtion.

Well, air's "safer" since less ox-tox risk if you go deep compared to nitrox.
But nitrox, within its Max depth limit, is sort of safer in that there's less narcosis risk, huh? Aren't we, at say 125' on N-28, less of a narc risk than on air?

Absolutely false. Did you even take the Nitrox course?

In the context of recreational diver, is it OK to have all non-ditchable weight you are saying?

Yes I am saying that, for warm water diving. For cold water it's probably better to have some ditchable weight, but then again you have to balance the risk of losing weights unintentionally with the benefit of being able to immediately drop weight. I believe a big problem, especially for new divers, is that they are frequently overweighted and trying to compensate for poor diving technique with extra weight.

They don't tend to push you face down on the surface??

No they do not assuming the diver is properly weighted and not over inflated.

What you say "the first thing they (panicked diver) do is get rid of the mask (by shoving it up on their forehead) may be true. That does not mean that every diver that has pushed their mask to their forehead is panicked. Your logic is faulty. I do it all the time and I have never been panicked. This is a dangerous assumprtion.

It is a sign of panicked diver sometimes. More often, it is a sign of a diver who is going to lose a mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom