Dissatisfied with DSS boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To obtain some adjustability I added a cord lock to mine. It takes a bit of dexterity to snug it up but it helps quite a bit. It works great on both my compass and computer.

BTW the original comment about the holes tearing (sorry just noticed this thread) should not happen if you thread the bungie so that when putting it on all the stress is parallel with hole.

I think the bungie mounts are great little add-ons.

Attachments

• KICX2366.JPG
    KICX2366.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 149
To obtain some adjustability I added a cord lock to mine. It takes a bit of dexterity to snug it up but it helps quite a bit. It works great on both my compass and computer.

BTW the original comment about the holes tearing (sorry just noticed this thread) should not happen if you thread the bungie so that when putting it on all the stress is parallel with hole.

I think the bungie mounts are great little add-ons.

That pic helps enormously!

Hi my likely overly tight bungees finally wore the sides threw on my boot for my VT3. I love my boot. Only one broke through but one is cracked. I was on Cozumel island and still diving for 2more weeks when it broke. What to do? Go get a stainless ring clamp put it over the mount-bingo-I got bling now. Just a little something to attract the barracudas. I'll keep it till it rots off.
I'll loosen my boot bungee for my compass although I do like it tight.
Tobin do I need to buy one to store or is the whinning over and you are going to promise to keep making them.:D
ps I did not read the entire thread just the first few. But I do want to say that I love these boots, they make ya look cool, hard to be cool in a drysuit.:cool2:

I have a boot for both my Suunto compass and my dive rite computer, I keep the bungie pretty loose and have had no problems with the Suunto mount. The dive rite one I just got. I keep the bungie loose, so I don't anticipate any issues.
I agree with others who have said that they consider the bungie and mount consumable items.

They do look cool. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom