Dive Jackson Blue and Merritts Mill Pond (springs)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, we are a little over a week away and I figure we need to meet Saturday Morning, Sept 17th somewhere before we head to http://caveadventurers.com/index.html

There is probably a McDonalds at the main Marrianna Exit #142 off Interstate 10 (I-10) that would be good or I hear the TA truckstop has breakfast buffet. I am thinking about 7 or 8 AM for a meet time. I will check with the shop to see what time they open. Just checked....8 am...

They have fills, air $4 and Nitrox by the cf. They also have rental tanks for $10. We will probably not be diving in deep water but it is Uber Clear. We can get 6 on the boat. Boat cost will be split between folks on the boat but I expect it to be between $12-17 each. Matts Boat holds two, and I dont expect them to share with the big boat.

My number is 770-601-6549. Give me a call with Ideas, suggestions, etc. Bring water and snacks and we can make this a great day of clear diving in a great location with plenty of wildlife and the Cypress trees look cool underwater. They are also having a barbeque that weekend according to Ed, the propriator...

Hoss

Yeah, they're having a bit of a BBQ at Cave Adventures that weekend.

My boat holds two total, including myself :) So I can only take one other passenger. That seat is still up for grabs.

So are we meeting at 7AM or 8AM? 8AM is better for me, but I can do 7AM if thats best for everyone else...

If 7 am will work for everybody, we can meet then at the McDonalds at the exit. Eat, drive over to the shop, it opens at 8 am. Anybody needing fills can get them then, or rental tanks if you need them. I will pay for the boat and anybody that is on the boat can pay me back for their part.

Matt, If I come down early, I will more than likely go to Vortex and if you want to dive at Morrison or Vortex, or I drive to the beach, let me know and I can meet you. I am definately up for diving...

Hope the weather holds out, and we will be in for some crystal clearwater diving.

Hoss :crafty:

Sure thing, I'll make plans to get a campsite at Vortex or something. I'd rather dive Morrison or Cypress if its all the same to you - they're free. Nuttz said he'd be at the springs that weekend as well(in the Vortex area, not the Mill Pond), so he may have some input on which spring(s) to dive Sunday as well. Like I said, doesn't make a difference to me, but I'd like to be cheap if possible :wink:

weee diving! I claim the spot on Jellyfish if it's still available. Are we doing community lunch or fin or yourself? exit 142 at marianna is the big one withthe truck stop? Maybe I'll find me a husband, yee haw! They have a Po Folks there, for those of you who have never experienced Po Folks, I suggest you save room. It's like Sally's but with a few more teeth in the smiles.

Whoa.. PoFolks, I used to goto one of those back when I was a weeee little tike living in Gretna, LA. They tore it down before I moved to AL. Its a Hooters now :D

Darcy, the seat is yours.

I am getting the Maps together to post and figure we can meet at McDonalds at 7am, then go to the shop and get our gear on the boat. Darcy and Matt, you can put the gear on the boat if you want to. I will post the exit location map, map to the shop, and map to the boatramp.

We can bring food and leave it on the boat for lunch and snacks. Can someone bring a medium size cooler we can use?? My car is so small, nothing other than Me and my gear will fit!!! That is the sacrifice for 55 MPG!! I am staying at a hotel at the exit on Friday and Saturday night, whatever is cheapest. I think there is one for 45 a night. I am willing to split a room also. Morrison on Sunday is great. I will be down in the area on Thursday and Friday also in case anyone wants to dive Vortex, PCB jetties, etc...

Thanks..Hoss

If you want to get some saltwater time, I'd definately suggest doing it on Friday, you'll dodge weekend traffic and there's a neaptide Sunday - which won't be good for visibility.

Morrison is looking to be extremely nice this weekend. I may just camp out there Saturday night, maybe the cops won't run me off? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom