Divemaster touching me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy Batman thread resurrection! I completely forgot about this thread....

probably needs to be(forgotten)---probably alot of ado(do) over nothing....

Is nothing else, a good slap was needed & everything forgotten....

Last edited:
I'm reminded of the adage:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Although I suspect some of this issue was cultural and/or communication, the DM in question crossed the line. I can't believe some feel this is a topic that doesn't deserve some discussion. The 'boundaries' are so blurred these days it seems some can't recognize inappropriate behavior. I'd rather a women go with her gut and trust that instinct then for others to try to tell her that she is overreacting. When we ignore our gut and instead 'play nice', we put ourselves at risk.

Hindsight is 20/20 and many of the suggestions in this thread are good, but rarely practiced by women. We grow up believing it is unladylike to engage conflict etc, so it takes being empowered to stand up for ourselves for some to do it. I'm sure the OP now has some good ideas about how to handle it next time. And the reality is, it is likely there will be a next time. There used to be a time when a man would never touch a woman other then his wife. He'd risk a mob chasing him down. Looks like today, we'd be lucky to find a handful of people even willing to say the DM crossed boundaries.

Guess I am too conservative.

Thanks for dragging this six month dead thread from the dumpster archives...:shakehead:

I am guessing you are being sarcastic. So then, what is the big deal about having old threads revived? If you do not wish to read old threads it is easily avoided by reading the thread start date which is visible on the main forum page underneath the title and then just not reading.

I am guessing you are being sarcastic. So then, what is the big deal about having old threads revived? If you do not wish to read old threads it is easily avoided by reading the thread start date which is visible on the main forum page underneath the title and then just not reading.

*Generally* when an old thread is bumped the post contains very little new information. I've found that if the new post does contain something new (an update, a different view point, etc) then no one cares. However, if (like this thread) the bump just contains someone's "me too" type post then it is viewed as an annoyance. And you can't find out which it'll be until you open the thread up and read the post.

*Generally* when an old thread is bumped the post contains very little new information. I've found that if the new post does contain something new (an update, a different view point, etc) then no one cares. However, if (like this thread) the bump just contains someone's "me too" type post then it is viewed as an annoyance. And you can't find out which it'll be until you open the thread up and read the post.

It's all perspective ... there are people joining ScubaBoard every day. What's old to you is new to them ... and they may wish to participate in these discussions as much as you and I do (that's why people come here, after all).

Lots of old threads get resurrected ... some with fonder memories than others. But everybody deserves their chance to participate.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

1. We only hear one side of the story here.

2. Women do not like to be treated like sex objects unless they want the guy to treat them like sex objects. If you're fat, skinny, ugly, poor, bald, then you're treating them with disrespect and sexually objectifying them. If you look like Fabio or has a bank account that matches the Sultan of Brunei's own then you're just a romantic flirt.

Couple of years ago we were on a trip where you are assigned to a boat for a week with a dozen of other divers. One female diver started flirting with the DM. She was quite attractive, so soon enough she was getting the most of his attention. When he found smth interesting to show us, she will always be the 1st one to see it etc. So on our last day the DM was clearly hoping to get a date, but she hid from him till her flight took off. He was clearly upset, looked for her and asked us if we saw her; we were sorry to tell him that she was already gone. In the end, I guess he was probably more pissed with himself for being cheated like a fool than with her. Though him being pissed with himself certainly does not make her an angel.

Same story here. You seem to be more pissed with your own weakness cause despite being "professional and trained in sexual harrassment" you slouched and did not stop the DM at once. So you talk about him "taking advantage of the situation"--do you really believe he would have drowned you? And even if you were unsure underwater you still could talk to him between the dives and make your point clear. Or if you were afraid that he could through you overboard you could fake a headache and cancel the 2nd dive. But you did not, so...well, just get over it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom