Diver rescued after drifting 16 hours near Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dandy, I should have just sent you a pm. :D

DivemasterD, are you in wrong thread?

Dandy, I should have just sent you a pm. :D
Oh questions and answers on open threads can benefit many, unlike PMs. I just did a google search for scuba dye pack, but I really wouldn't bother carrying something with a 30 minute benefit. Get the PLB with 24 hour signal. :wink:

so, just how does an episode like this factor in to determining a proper tip for the instructor and boat crew?
DivemasterDennis

The dive professional should carry a PLB and the dive operation should make it a requirement that customers carry their own or provide one for rental.

John

Oh questions and answers on open threads can benefit many, unlike PMs. I just did a google search for scuba dye pack, but I really wouldn't bother carrying something with a 30 minute benefit. Get the PLB with 24 hour signal. :wink:

I carry 2 dye tubes, PLB, Lifeline, mirror, DSMB

(and I occasionally wrap some dive gear around it as well)

I'd only use/need the dye pack in the case of drifting off and knowing that the search plane was near.

The dive professional should carry a PLB and the dive operation should make it a requirement that customers carry their own or provide one for rental.

John

Lets make it even simpler. . . there is no evidence in the narratives about the incident that the DM even carried a dSMB !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom