Diving after 65

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Are any of you scuba fans over 65?
Let me know of your experiences and any tips and tricks to make life easier .

Last edited:
I am a bit over 65. I have no particular age related problems diving except maybe my stamina is not what it used to be. Fighting a strong current for example is clearly harder than it used to be. I tend to be a bit more conservative but not much. Sleep is your friend. Get plenty of it before a dive.

If you haven't already, take a look at discussions in the Grumpy Old Divers sub-forum: Grumpy Old Divers

It's really not a very descriptive name for the sub-forum--you don't have to be "grumpy"--but most of the discussion revolves around age-related issues.

Stay physically fit, know your capabilities and limitations, and don't exceed either.

If you haven't done so already, stop by Scuba Shack and sign up for Core Principles! Learning how to move efficiently in the water is all the more important as you get older.

Last edited:
I'll be 70 in October and the only part that's getting harder is climbing onto the dive boat with all the gear on. The wife will be 69 in October and she has the boat crew take her kit off while standing on the boarding ladder. In the water we both get on just fine and looking forward to a number of years more diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom