Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I will, thanks for the advice.

Tried to preorder the Dive II 220 from dorcy direct, but they price at $64 with the discount and no freebies :( wtf! Piranha dive manufacturing doesn't have the 220 lumen version under its hot deals either!!! is it too late to get the $44 deal? does anybody know a site advertising this anymore?!

Of course, you can't buy one today even at $64, to my knowledge. These things (220) aren't shipping from anywhere yet, unless I've missed something.

I wonder why the long lead time? The 220 lumen XR-E Q5 bin emitters have been around for quite a while. I'm surprised they don't go with the XP-G R5 at 325 lumens as they have been out now long enough to start making it into lights.

I wonder why the long lead time? The 220 lumen XR-E Q5 bin emitters have been around for quite a while. I'm surprised they don't go with the XP-G R5 at 325 lumens as they have been out now long enough to start making it into lights.

I'm also wondering why major dive light makers like UK, Princeton Tech, Ikelite aren't constantly updating the LEDs in their lights to give us more light.

Adam

I'm also wondering why major dive light makers like UK, Princeton Tech, Ikelite aren't constantly updating the LEDs in their lights to give us more light.

Adam

I don't know the answer of course but the bigger the company the more old stock on hand to use up first. In some cases it could also mean the expense of testing every time there is a product change (ISO 9000 standards or something similar).

I think it's just the expense that change incurs in any larger company.

Smaller companies should be more adaptable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom