Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from our trip. We did three crepuscular (word of the week on the boat) dives and the 180's worked great. There was some flickering in the off position if you didn't have it off enough and the light got bumped, but it was not a nuisance. They were plenty bright, and I liked the beam pattern. It is similar to my old SL4 which I have always preferred over the big pistol flood type lights. So for our next trip we will be outfitted with 220's for primary(providing they eventually ship) and 180's for back up.
Brian

It looks like yet another delay from Dorcy! Lights were supposed to received on the 12th of March and ship on the 15th. Just checked the wedsite it now states the ETA is the 16th of March shipping the 18th.

This has been ongoing since January. Im curious does anyone know what is causing all the delays?

It looks like yet another delay from Dorcy! Lights were supposed to received on the 12th of March and ship on the 15th. Just checked the wedsite it now states the ETA is the 16th of March shipping the 18th.

This has been ongoing since January. Im curious does anyone know what is causing all the delays?

...given the length of the delays so far, is the shipment day slipping just 3 more days really make much more difference at this point ?

I just ordered 2 from Piranha for $48 ea plus shipping. Total was $108 and website claims shipping date is March 18.

reminds me of an old joke told around the nuclear fusion community: "this dive light will launch 'next week' .... every week." seriously, it has gotten ridiculous. this is the FIRST AND LAST time i purchase anything from dorcy :(

reminds me of an old joke told around the nuclear fusion community: "this dive light will launch 'next week' .... every week." seriously, it has gotten ridiculous. this is the FIRST AND LAST time i purchase anything from dorcy :(

I think they've been pretty good in that with each delay they offer a choice of refund, the 180 lumen version or to wait.

It would be nice if they provided an explanation of the delay.

Adam

I just PMd the rep on this board pointing him to this thread. Hopefully a explanation will ensue.

I would not swear off Dorcy products because of this. They were excellent with the replacement of defective battery holders in the past. This is the first time I (as far as I know anyway) that anything like this has happened.

I would assume that the delay has to do with their Cree supplier. The new body style has been shipping with the Luxeon LED for awhile, so it probably isn't an issue with the body supplier. Just a guess.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom