Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dorcy site also states orders are shipping 3/19, but the "sale" price listed is $70 compared to Piranha's $48 price.

Dorcy site also states orders are shipping 3/19, but the "sale" price listed is $70 compared to Piranha's $48 price.

The light's had a sale when they were first introduced. Dorcy was selling them and $48 plus you got free batteries, and free shipping.

I just got an email from Dorcy.

----------------------

It is here, it is bright and it is shipping!!!! Believe it or not…J

All orders will be shipped tomorrow (Friday 3-19-10) via FedEx ground .

You will get email notifications of tracking numbers before 5:00pm tomorrow.

I apologize for all of the delays. Since we upgraded to the Q4 Led there was some technical issues to resolve.

The Q4 required a new circuit board which took a little longer than expected.

Everyone will be very happy with the performance, design, free items, and the price.

Always discounts available to my scuba friends. Coupon code: Scuba 20% off everything and free shipping forever.. Dorcy Direct LED Flashlights, Lanterns and Batteries

Any problems, concerns or comment feel free to give me a call or email

Thank you for your patience .

Mark Craddock

IT Director / Online Sales

Dorcy International

mark@dorcy.com

I just got my light today. Nothing but good to say about it. :D

Where do I start.

They sent it with a saturday delivery.
It came with came with 16 batteries (8AA and 8AAA)
a holster and and extra single AAA LED light to boot.

Oh I got carried away with the freebies, performance is great. I was out shinning the fields with them and just got back.

It was well worth the wait. Wish I would have gotten 2 now that I see what it does.

Cant wait to take it underwater.

Even though there were delays, DORCY made it up to the customer. Kudos DORCY!

Just received the lights from Piranha. Does anyone know what coating is on the light? Anodizing or powdercoat?

Looks a bit too glossy for anodizing, so my guess would be powdercoat.

Henrik

Just received the lights from Piranha. Does anyone know what coating is on the light? Anodizing or powdercoat?

Looks a bit too glossy for anodizing, so my guess would be powdercoat.

Henrik

well, I just compared the black powdercoat coating from an Oxycheq Raider I to my black anodized coating from an MbSub X1-VB and the Oxy light is noticeably more 'glossy' than the duller finish on my X1-VB....so it sounds like the Piranha/Dorcy light is powdercoated, which is what I would have expected given the price difference between the cheaper Oxy or Dorcy light versus the significantly more expensive MbSub lights....sometimes ya get what ya pay for! :)

The powdercoat on my Oxy light isn't aging/holding up very well...

...but glad your lights finally arrived....your NC trip is getting ever closer and you'll definitely need them there!

Last edited:
....good deal, sounds like the Dorcy did a better quality job than Oxycheq did. :)

They'd have had a hard time doing any worse :) The Dorcy looks like a nice light - I'm not trying to "damn it with faint praise"

Henrik

They'd have had a hard time doing any worse :) The Dorcy looks like it's a nice light.

Henrik

yeah, it's a shame about the Oxy lights, they looked good 'on paper', but not so hot on execution. Do really like my Oxy wings though, they're awesome ! I know you'll have fun baptizing the Dorcy lights in NC......my fav part of my NC wreck dive trip was frolicking with the sandtigers! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom