Friday Night Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port is now officially closed for all aquatic activities - so now the "until the next report" game begins
I just was looking at Fiesta Americana's webcam and saw no traffic. The sea conditions did not look real bad (from that vantage point). How are the actual conditions and is the port still closed?

The port is still closed. Dive shop is optimistic about tomorrow afternoon. It dose not look terrible right now but waves are splashing on the end of the Aldora pier every once and a while.

I think I am going to dive in Playa in the AM.

Visibility is good today, despite the overcast weather. Yesterday at sundown had fairly wild waves. Waves breaking today. Enjoyed a nice dive, 2-4pm entry and exit unremarkable.

Port is still closed for all aquatic activity - not at all optimistic about tomorrow. 15 - 20mph winds straight out of the north all day

upload_2018-1-13_19-35-47.png

I'm waterfront now. It's kind of crazy...I've seen worse, but this is actually kind of intense, wind wise. I was back quite a ways in the hood for most of the day and was quite surprised when I got back to the condo. Love the rough and wild ocean but definitely would not want to be out on the water.

I know what a norte is, but what does it do to boats and diving conditions? Is it more than just making it difficult for the captains to follow the bubbles?

I know what a norte is, but what does it do to boats and diving conditions? Is it more than just making it difficult for the captains to follow the bubbles?
No, boats seem to sink that's all.

I just was looking at Fiesta Americana's webcam and saw no traffic. The sea conditions did not look real bad (from that vantage point).
Did you hear the wind noise?

We found that the boat ride was a bit more choppy/cold/wet (obviously), but the diving wasn't that much different. I guess the vis was a bit degraded, but not to the point where it was a bad dive. I don't think it affects current to a great extent. Just makes things a bit more uncomfortable during the boat ride/surface interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom