Gauging Interest in Scuba Reality Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, it was a moment of wishful thinking, getting something else on tv besides those ommpa-loompas from "Jersey Shore" and people famous for nothing more than making a sex tape and who they are dating now. If those aren't signs of the apocalypse, I don't know what is. Still, you would think that the folks at DEMA would recognize an opportunity to get the word about diving out there, and not compete with other dive shows but directly supporting them with my idea.

I really don't get why DEMA and vendors at DEMA are so anti-media. It makes no sense to me. Even at Rebreather Forum they had a strict no media recording policy. The don't need to produce anything, just don't prevent others from doing so.

How on earth would you get 30min of interesting content out of this concept? Much less a SECOND episode.

Uh.... wow.... if you can't think of 30 minutes of interesting material in this.... well, thanks for the input anyway. But then.... you are from Jersey I see....
JMac

---------- Post added ----------

Yeahhhhh. Not so much, maybe.

And more than that, if I showed up at my favorite dive shop and a bunch of clowns with video cameras were there filming and shoving releases in my face, I'd find someone else to dive with, with a few choice words to the dive shop manager on the side. Then I blast it out to everyone I know what was going on. Who knows, you might find some narcissist diver who wants to be made a fool of on the internet..... :wink:

Well..... I'll make sure to stay away from your favorite dive shops... Of course... in "REALITY" where we will shoot will be CLOSED to the public during filming.
Thanks for the input.

JMac

Are those Jersy Shore imbeciles ommpa loompas, or are they macacas? I'm sure there are fine distinctions that elude people who "are from Jersey".

Uh.... wow.... if you can't think of 30 minutes of interesting material in this.... well, thanks for the input anyway. But then.... you are from Jersey I see....
JMac

---------- Post added ----------

Well..... I'll make sure to stay away from your favorite dive shops... Of course... in "REALITY" where we will shoot will be CLOSED to the public during filming.
Thanks for the input.

JMac

Cool. Maybe thrashing a place that has a whole lot of divers.... ones that dive locally and travel, like Jersey... Well, you do what you think is best.

If you are going to film in a closed dive shop, where there are no customers to have tantrums and get into spats with the Divemaster/Owner/Manager/Boat Captain, exactly just how "reality" is this concept? When I want staged production, I'll watch Into the Drink. It's produced by friends, although it's not to my taste. Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the excellent content on NGC or history, where the absolute beauty of the undersea world is presented with that little yellow rectangle, a true sign of quality.

While Scuba diving is a highly popular “recreational” activity it is also fraught with risks and potential life threatening situations.
from The Dive Masters website

Can we insert the dramatic music here?

Hey, look, man, your dream to produce is your dream, and I hope someday I can say "I remember when this all was a concept", but don't get them all bunched up when you go on a public forum and you ask for an opinion, and someones doesn't agree with yours. Hey, it's all about the
.... catering to the needs of sometimes difficult vacationers, local government entities and managing the egos of the Dive Masters themselves.

Uh.... wow.... if you can't think of 30 minutes of interesting material in this.... well, thanks for the input anyway.

Tune in to tonight's episode when the Epstein family completes their OW checkout dives without incident... and then watch what happens when one diver asks the shop owner if he can top-off a short fill! And, we'll update you on the condition of the Canadian couple from last week's episode and see how they are recovering from their very first encounter with a parrot fish --- you won't want to miss it!

[Thumbsup!]

Are those Jersy Shore imbeciles ommpa loompas, or are they macacas? I'm sure there are fine distinctions that elude people who "are from Jersey".

I dunno, but my friends from Jersey wince anytime they hear the phrase "Jersey Shore" now. Used to mean summers at the grandparents place at the shore, now it means drunken idiots behaving badly on tv.

I think it could be cool, but its probably dependent on you finding scuba shop owners/ instructors with interesting, quirky, or abrasive personalities so that its fun to watch. My $0.02

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

I dunno, but my friends from Jersey wince anytime they hear the phrase "Jersey Shore" now. Used to mean summers at the grandparents place at the shore, now it means drunken idiots behaving badly on tv.

Hey, anything that casts Jersey in a negative light is good as far as I'm concerned. Keeps more people from moving/visiting here!

Besides, everyone knows there's only ONE reality show shot in NJ that's accurate...

sopranos460.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom