Gauging Interest in Scuba Reality Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, here's an idea: Jersey Divers! It's about a bunch of guys diving off the coast of jersey looking for stuff/people that have been tossed into the water over the years.....jimmy Hoffa, those mythical concrete overshoes, gambling machine, etc. I'd watch that. Gotta be more interesting than Geraldo and Al Capone vault. Then, show the divers stopping for beers at the local bar, the Badda Bing!:rofl3:

Can I post NO a second time and get it counted as 2 votes against the creation of this horrible sounding show.
It sounds degrading to everything that is good about the scuba diving industry.

Since when to we need to get the word out about diving, by closing a dive centre and having actors reinact dramatic, exciting, frustrated, confrontation, emotional, bollocks

Nic

MrsBBC,
Not looking for feedback on How the show is produced but thanks. All I asked for was interest level in watching a 30 minute show via the internet based on a real dive shop with real divers.

Wookie
I don't remember "thrashing" Jersey (others may have), just a comment about someone with no apparent imagination being from Jersey. My Bad. I apologize to Jersey.

Also from my website, "Testing new equipment and maintaining the gear gives audiences a better understanding of what makes Scuba diving safer"
" Fulfilling the roles of instructor, guide, counselor and friend, "The Dive Masters" showcase proper techniques, handling emergency situations underwater and respect for the environment.. Showing some classroom instruction, where new divers begin their certification and moving on to actual dive training, the Dive Masters educate audiences on a variety of Scuba certifications and specialties. Inexperienced divers are corrected on form and sometimes taken to task for unsafe or reckless practices"

I've seen "Ice Road Truckers" and "Axe Men" and "Storage Wars" and all the others..... This concept, to me at least, has a more informative and interesting premise than those. Better location (have you been to Roatan and Cozumel?), an activity readily available to the viewer. Yes.... even an element of danger. This pic is me with a dive boat that got swamped in relatively calm waters but went down with all hands. Minor injuries to a few but all were safe. It happens.
JMac

Attachments

• Snorkel Dive Boat.jpg
    Snorkel Dive Boat.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 224
OMG NO!! It doesn't matter where it would be based...no, no no!! So-Called "reality" shows are the single worst thing that's happened to the entertainment industry!!

JohnnyO
------------
"What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

If you want to shoot it at the dive shop I been to- run by Teenage Swedish Divemistresses, I think you got a winner.

You might want to run it after Ultimate Diver Challenge TV Show (and that won't be too hard to do)

If you want to shoot it at the dive shop I been to- run by Teenage Swedish Divemistresses

I think that statement just calls out for a demand of photographic proof!:D

Well, if you are looking for danger I understand the dive chamber at Fantasy Island Resort gets lots of use during the lobster season. Very, very sad. From what I was able to learn, many of the lobster divers are doing 15-20 deep SCUBA dives a day and don't have an understanding of dive tables or decompression. This occurs as the season progresses as the shallow water lobsters are caught and they are forced to dive deeper to catch them. The person that I spoke to mentioned that efforts had been made to convince the lobster boats to carry an oxygen cylinder to help if DCS is suspected. The divers themselves make a pittance for doing this. This was in 2005.

If you do cover this, make it your last episode before leaving Honduras. You might find that your welcome there expires just after the episode is released.

P.S. If this HAS CHANGED, it may make a great story.

A friend of mine is now an Instructor over at Fantasy.... I'll definitely look into it. I've heard stories but all third hand.

Roatanman--- LMAO, Okay... that might be cool (I second NAUIWOWI's request for photographic evidence).

A friend of mine is now an Instructor over at Fantasy.... I'll definitely look into it. I've heard stories but all third hand.

Last I knew, that chamber was being used as a storage locker. Check out whether I am correct and let us know.

I do know that the chamber at AKR is very busy with "Moskito Divers"

NAUIwowi:
I think that statement just calls out for a demand of photographic proof!
04.gif

They're the guys that sell the best mask de-fog... gently scarped from the glistening inner thighs of their post-dive DMs. $39 for .10 mL.

Every week feature new Bimbos who have adventures with Sharks and then go shopping at Macy's! What a storyline!

Seriously we have more attempts to combine scuba and TV, and it rarely works out. My bet is that it never makes it on TV. :cool2:

Now a private Dick who solves crime while scuba diving in Miami! Then he bursts into song! That's the ticket! :eyebrow:

But what do I know, I HATE the newish TV trends. Regurgitated Crap featuring talentless celebrities like Sharon Osborn who is famous for Marrying someone? And we have Steve Tyler?? Whats up with that....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom